Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I also noticed that the 2012 Cruze will come with a different gear ratio, thus lowering RPM's at higher speeds... like us crazies out west where we can hit 80+ on our drive into work each morning. The 2011 came with 3.87 (if memory serves) which is nice for an "off the line" kick in the pants but SUCKS for higher speed gas mileage...

-john k.
Maybe if your trans blows up, the replacement will be the 2012 unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just read the the 2012 Cruze will have the Instant FE readout. Is that on all models or just like the 2011 Eco? If it is on all 2012s I would imagine something can be done on the 2011s to have this.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I tend to pay more attention to the instant FE on the DIC on my Cruze since the average FE on the DIC is way off. Plus my ScanGauge II takes care of getting an accurate average FE for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2012 LS has the instant readout and I LOVE it. I always keep it on that screen which also has the digital speedometer. It makes me super aware of my gas use ( even though I have never been the 'speed up to red lights' kind of driver.
It is amazing how low the mileage is going up hills and how nice to see it shut off when braking or going down most hills.
I think if all cars had this and people could see this info, we'd have to import a lot less oil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tend to pay more attention to the instant FE on the DIC on my Cruze since the average FE on the DIC is way off. Plus my ScanGauge II takes care of getting an accurate average FE for me.
The Trip MPG is only instant for a few miles until it has more data to better compute the avg.

My 2012 LT (fleet) inly has instant. It does not have average other that the trip (A or B)

The instant lost credibility with me since I'm getting "99mpg" when going downhill for 5 seconds

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The instant lost credibility with me since I'm getting "99mpg" when going downhill for 5 seconds
This is a valid report. When going downhill the Cruze will turn off the fuel injectors, resulting in no fuel consumption and 99 is as close to infinity as the car can display. Search for DFCO for more information.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.