Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So quick story:
Yesterday morning, I drove to school (about 30 minutes) and everything on the dash was fine.
I got out of class an hour later and started up my car. Holy problems. The instrument cluster wouldn't respond what so ever. I got 3 service messages (airbags, tire pressure, oil life sensor) and none of the gauges would work. This is what I saw:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

As you can see, the illumination was on but no information would display. I was parked when I took the pic, but the speed didn't work either. I called onstar and they said everything was coming thru on their end. They told me my tire pressure, oil, etc.
I immediately drove to the dealership to have them look at it. I was in there for 15 minutes waiting to set up an appointment. When I came back out and turned on my car, everything was fine! I have no idea why this happened. It hasn't happened again since and I drove a bunch.
Any idea's? Has anyone else ever heard of this happening??

Thanks,
Ben

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
There is, or was, a ground interruption somewhere in the panel circuit.
You can only hope it never happens again or, if it does, off to the dealer while it is inoperative and don't shut it off till they have seen what it was doing.

Freaky for sure,
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
i had this same problem happen to me and never came back, engine was running smooth only problem was cluster gauge. what year is your cruze just curious...mine is a 2011.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same issue this spring with around 5k miles on my 2014. I just passed 15k and it hasnt happened since then. Weird for sure...

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Ben,

We're sorry to hear of these difficulties. Although we are not certified technicians, we will like to look further into your concern and contact your dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electrical issue

I have a 2014 Chevy Cruise. It has 61,000 miles. It has the same cluster issue. Randomly goes off completely. Sometimes the radio works, ac works but doesn’t blow cold, but the gauges do not. All the elerts are flashing. Then the radio and fan goes off and gauges come back on. I changed the. Neg. battery terminal and nothing would work. Put old one back on and it is back to. On, off again. This morning, I drove 30 miles to work with no issues. Go out to lunch, start car and back to, on off again. Any ideas.?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Did you replace the negative battery cable? There's a known problem with the factory original that can cause the problems you describe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ChevyGuy beat me to the negative battery cable issue . have a GM dealer check your VIN for special coverage 14311. Or if you have onstar you can also check on the GM owners center website as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts