Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Intake Manifold Bolt

708 Views 7 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  JLL
Hey everyone!

Just stripped one of the intake manifold bolts while trying to remove it so I can replace my starter. Sadly, with the Dorman Intake Manifold fix it blocks my ability to get my ratchet on the upper mounting bolt with it on. So, now will need to use Vice grips to get it loose and off before it’s completely stripped and can’t find anywhere the bolt size so I can get new ones.

Thank you fellow Cruzers!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2014, 1.4 T, LTZ RS
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you manage to do that?
My bolt wasn’t secured and I torqued it without realizing it :/. Stripped a little bit. I can get it off still with the vice grips, otherwise I have no ability to get it out. Figured I change out the fuel rail and change out the fuel injectors when I get that bolt out and the starter also.

· Registered
2014, 1.4 T, LTZ RS
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t have a kit on hand so I will have to pick one up and also I will get the bolts and pray they are the ones. I honestly can find anything online so I will do my best 🤣

Thank you so much for the advice and bolt size (it’s the best lead yet)!

· The Nuclear Option
5,883 Posts
I don’t have a kit on hand so I will have to pick one up and also I will get the bolts and pray they are the ones. I honestly can find anything online so I will do my best 🤣

Thank you so much for the advice and bolt size (it’s the best lead yet)!
Your welcome. You are using external torx sockets if thats what the dorman bolts are, correct?

Everything OE is an external or internal torx or hex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts