Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership recommending removal of intake manifold to have it sent out to burn off accumulation. Heavy build up discovered when intercooler tube cracked and had to be replaced along w throttle body. Also saw heavy soot on O2 and Nox sensor.
Anyone know how involved and expensive by labor hours this job is? Having so many MIL with check engine and def issues want to get back to having a car I can rely on on long trips.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I am not surprised the intake may need cleaned, I don't know how many hours labor, tried to find what a new intake manifold costs, couldn't find it. Had an old Mercedes and intake was plugged with crud, took it to a machine shop that rebuilds engines and they cleaned it out, cost about $40 or something like that. I think most of the cost would be labor.

yikes intake manifold new is about $1000. There is one on eBay assuming it's the right one off a low mile car for 149.95 obo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is shop a few hours away that basically burns out the soot as I understand it. Older car I would do, these new cars are little too complex for my skill set level. Hoping R & R on intake won't require too many labor hours. Bad time of year to be putting out lot of $

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Mine was put in some solution and he would remove and take some sort of brush and clean, he just said it wasn't fun to clean. Worked great after.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I should be probably thinking about this with all the miles I have. No symptoms yet though.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Not sure how difficult it is to change, would have to take the engine top cover to see. The Mercedes 95 was not difficult to change and lots of room to work on it, I doubt that's the case on the Cruze. At the time I bypassed the egr valve to not bring exhaust back into the intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts