Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Cruze 1.4L LT RS and recently got a deal on a K&N air intake that should be delivered in the next week or so but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on "things to do" before, during, or after the install of the intake? I'm interested in any advice that may be a good idea with the install! Help me out!!

-KY

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
173 Posts
Disconnect the battery while you are installing it. Apparently, that causes the vehicle to adapt to the new intake.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,785 Posts
Nice thanks I'll make sure of that! If it is heavily oiled how would I dry it?
It shouldn't be if it's brand new. Over-oiling usually happens when someone cleans it and re-oils it with too much afterwards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice thanks I'll make sure of that! If it is heavily oiled how would I dry it?

The only way I know to get excess oil off of it would be to get the Air Filter Cleaning Kit and remove all the oil and re-oil it.

But like MP81 says, it shouldn't be over oiled from the factory.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't expect a performance increase.

Also if it is over oiled you need to wash it with dish soap and warm water to remove the oil then re-oil it. You can get filter oil at any auto parts stores.

·
Registered
273 Posts
O you can also swap the filter out for a dry AEM or Injen if you don't want to deal with the oil.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There will be no performance increase and you have to mess with soaking it in soapy water when it gets dirty and then waiting a day or two for it to air dry before re-oiling it, so why buy the thing? Cancel the order and donate the money you spent on it to your local food pantry. You will not be disappointed because of no performance gain and you will help some people get food that they can't afford to buy, which will make you feel good.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,785 Posts
Oh, there's an increase - it's just not huge. But it's certainly not zero. The turbo is easier to hear as well.

But getting one for a fuel economy increase doesn't always work out. Short Rams are the best if you're looking for that, at the expense of some of the additional power.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, there's an increase - it's just not huge. But it's certainly not zero. The turbo is easier to hear as well.

But getting one for a fuel economy increase doesn't always work out. Short Rams are the best if you're looking for that, at the expense of some of the additional power.
I guess I'm not really looking so much for the increase in power anyways! I heard that the turbo sound is increase drastically and I think it'll be the main reason I bought it! It is USED but guy said he literally had it on for a week and got tired of the turbo and blow off sound so uninstalled it and posted it to try to get anything he possibly could for it! Needless to say I got a 75% off deal on it so I guess I'll find out what it looks like and what I think about it within the next week! Thanks guys!!

·
10,712 Posts
I guess I'm not really looking so much for the increase in power anyways! I heard that the turbo sound is increase drastically and I think it'll be the main reason I bought it! It is USED but guy said he literally had it on for a week and got tired of the turbo and blow off sound so uninstalled it and posted it to try to get anything he possibly could for it! Needless to say I got a 75% off deal on it so I guess I'll find out what it looks like and what I think about it within the next week! Thanks guys!!

You should be fine, just avoid sharp stabs of the throttle at night when moving the cars around in the driveway between houses.

It shouldn't be if it's brand new. Over-oiling usually happens when someone cleans it and re-oils it with too much afterwards.
Some reported theirs was generously lubed right out of the plastic bag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts