Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody made upgraded inter-cooler pipes for the cruze yet besides buying a FMIC? To replace the stock plastic ones with metal should be a benefit to these motors I would think.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ive also searched for just aftermarket charge pipes for our car and come up empty. DDM works offers hard charge pipes for the sonics, but our piping is different as our intercooler is mounted in a different location. Ive also tried ZZP and EndTank, no one seems to offer just the pipes. You could have them custom fabbed or make your own kit from universal pieces but I like as few seams and connections as possible which isnt what you end up with when going universal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't found any either. I'm just waitin for warmer weather and I'm going to make a set for my cruze. Everything should be pretty easy until I get up around the throttle body.

·
Registered
647 Posts
no one make hard pipes...zzp, cx all tested the stock intercooler and found that it seem to work poorly so they all just made intercoolers with hard pipes

·
Registered
990 Posts
You can buy just the pipes from CX racing

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ive not seen just the charge pipes from CX racing. They offer the intake by itself but their intercooler kit is front mount whereas the stock intercooler sits between the radiator and heater core. they offer universal ones and silicone hose bits but then youre still looking at fabbing and a lot of connections that can fail. They may be willing to sell just the charge pipes that come with the Kit however Im not sure they would work given the difference in location versus stock.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yes no one sells them...another problem is the quick lock style ends of the pipe to the intercooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts