Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Cruze world,

I have owned my 2012 Cruze from the beginning and have driven it for over 162,500 miles. The past few months I noticed small spots of what i think is oil on my driveway under each side of the intercooler in the immediate front of my cruze. The mechanic suggested I get my intercooler replaced. (I am aware of and have read everything I can find on Cruzetalk about this being a potential intake manifold issue as there shouldn't be that much oil in the turbo intercooler, but that is a conversation for another time. For the record i did have this conversation with my car up on lifts and three mechanics looking at it with me. The suggestion was still to get the intercooler replaced so I did it). I got the intercooler replaced, and drove down the road to find that my air conditioner was not working (was not blowing cold). I called the mechanic and they said bring it back. Within 20 minutes they said you are good to go. I asked what happened and they said that they didn't know that with these cars they needed to reset something in the computer... Can someone please shed some light on what exactly they reset? or what value they may have changed. The job was replace intercooler (which required undoing the AC lines im sure) Not give car back without AC. I am just a little frustrated that this happened. If it was an honest mistake no problem. I am trying to understand if it was an honest mistake and what exactly they are talking about in regards to the service job requiring a computer reset?

PS. The work mentioned above was done at car garage not affiliated with GM. If you want a real laugh I bought it to the dealer and they charge me $130 and didnt even address the oil leak i bought it there for. When they called me to tell me what was wrong I had to remind them why i bought it there in the first place. So needless to say I went to the garage down the road that i have had decent luck with in terms of working though issues with me and charging me a fraction of the dealers price.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts
So did they fix the leak and AC issues? It sounds like you are pissed that you had to bring it back. They may have missed plugging in a connector or something and were just trying to save face.

As for the oil in the intercooler, later conversation or not, more than likely it is the PCV valve in the intake causing this issue and will do so again if it is not addressed.

How-To: Charge pipe clean - up.

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So did they fix the leak and AC issues? It sounds like you are pissed that you had to bring it back. They may have missed plugging in a connector or something and were just trying to save face.

As for the oil in the intercooler, later conversation or not, more than likely it is the PCV valve in the intake causing this issue and will do so again if it is not addressed.

How-To: Charge pipe clean - up.

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

The intercooler was replaced and the AC issue was resolved. I was hoping to understand better what they did to fix the AC after the Intercooler repair (AC was fine before thre repair work).

Thank you for your input on the PCV issue. I suspect that is the case.

I am pissed. I brought it to a Chevy dealer because I was hopeful they would give me a better analysis as to what is happening. Got literally no where with them. Then i brought it to my local shop that will at least take the time to talk to me about things and they seemed to glaze over the more i got in to the situation with them. This is beyond frustrating. I too suspect I may need a new intake manifold or other work. I just don't understand where I have to bring it to get the expert advice I am looking for. I am literally willing to and have paid to get the information about my vehicle that I need and I am sitting here with the most useful information coming from this forum, which I am appreciative of but it is not going to get my car fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts
The intercooler was replaced and the AC issue was resolved. I was hoping to understand better what they did to fix the AC after the Intercooler repair (AC was fine before thre repair work).

Thank you for your input on the PCV issue. I suspect that is the case.

I am pissed. I brought it to a Chevy dealer because I was hopeful they would give me a better analysis as to what is happening. Got literally no where with them. Then i brought it to my local shop that will at least take the time to talk to me about things and they seemed to glaze over the more i got in to the situation with them. This is beyond frustrating. I too suspect I may need a new intake manifold or other work. I just don't understand where I have to bring it to get the expert advice I am looking for. I am literally willing to and have paid to get the information about my vehicle that I need and I am sitting here with the most useful information coming from this forum, which I am appreciative of but it is not going to get my car fixed.
Many of the tutorials are geared to beginners. Do the PCV fix yourself. There are some great written tutorials with pictures and video tutorials as well. There are plenty of us who have already done these fixes that could help when you get stuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts