Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run in to an issue and am hoping someone can help meout. I started my car one day and aseries of CEL’s came on. So I opened upthe hood and there was a rabbit in there that was chewing up my wiring. I believe it is a MAP sensor Bosch (# 0 261230 042) on the intercooler pipe where all the wiring was pretty muchdecimated. Does anyone have a wiringdiagram so that I can get it rewired? Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Time for rabbit stew?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
PM NickD maybe he can come up with the wiring Diagram for you ...

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Is that the short about 4" extension from the main loom that goes into the air intake temperature sensor with a black jacket? Photo doesn't show this. Didn't even know there is four white wires inside of that harness.

Our rabbits around here only go after green colored wires, yours most be more desperate. Certainly not black or white. Lack of a color code sure doesn't help, like connecting the blue to the blue, etc. Four white wires can be confusing.

More confusing is trying to find the wiring diagram for this thing, bits and piece all over 3,000 odd pages. Sometimes you can tell which wire goes where, not exactly like that rabbit used a pair of side cutters, for an even cut.

Here is the pinout for the connector.

With a voltmeter, finding ground, have to call this a low reference, and 5V should be easy, that just leaves pins 2 and 4 for guessing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NickD, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I wouldnt have have believed a rabbit would have gotten up there and done what it did. Thankfully my mutt got some revenge for me.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
h, in the back of my mind, people were concerned why it took so long to troubleshoot aircraft electrical systems, all the wire is white. Plastic tie wraps were out, could cut into the insulation, so a special wax coated nylon string had to be used. Try tying harnesses together neatly while lying on your back.

This task should be easier, solder the splices and use heat shrink, than tape the harness back together again. When repairing wires exposed to road salt, like to coat the wires with RTV first before sliding the shrink over it, for a water tight joint.

ABS, fuel pump and senders come to mind, was so tight, doubt if it was a rabbit that got up in there, but the problem with leaving a vehicle outdoors. A full under engine cover would sure help to keep those critters out.

You ain't the only one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.