Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Chevy Cruze ltz 1.4T has only 45k miles on it, but I do electrical work which requires tools and material adding some serious weight to the vehicle. And also usually requires driving on in developed dirt roads with some crazy bumps and holes, I notice most of them and go slow but I'm afraid it's worn on the rear suspension and wearing on the front.

Here comes my question I guess, my car is up for a little work at the dealer and I don't want them to tell me anything I might get worried about, and end up having them cost time and money if the Wizards on Cruze talk can prime me for this, what should I look for, (loose, or damaged parts, weird sounds, etc) like what components, coil overs struts ball joint, shocks, etc.

Anything is appreciated thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Since it is and LTZ, it has rear disc brakes. I would start there. This is where I found my rattles coming from. Both calipers do the same thing on mine. Started around 17k miles and as the pads have worn, it has gotten worse. When going over these bumpy roads, I can apply the brakes and the rattling will stop, as soon as I release the brakes it begins again. Crawled under car and found the the pads and parts of the caliper are what is making the noise. I can wiggle the caliper and make the noise while under car. Will probably go away when I have to replace the pads again, but as they wear, the play will come back in and cause the rattling again, I'm sure. Others have had shocks replaced, suspension parts loosened and re-tightened, but this has been my issue. Little annoying, but does not bother me near as much knowing what it is now. I did make sure everything was tight, and it was. Non 4 wheel disc brake cars may have some other issue, but as stated, I would check your rear calipers and see if yours has the same problem as mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts