Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Walmart and picked up two seedless watermelons for $2.99 each. Figured it was a good deal and we got one a few days before and it was really sweet. Anyway, on the way out of the parking lot and on the road I hear a "ding" "ding" and look down and don't see any warning lights. Wonder what is up, then remembered it was the passenger seat, seat belt warning not buckled for where I placed the watermelons. So I buckled them in. :)

Not sure of their weight, if I had to guess maybe 15lbs each. Oh forgot to mention the gallon of wiper fluid too.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
First time my wife forgot to fasten her seatbelt and my Cruze started dinging it was like "what the ****?" Couldn't figure it out for about five minutes. It would really be nice if the DIC would display what the dinging is about.

·
2,254 Posts
Ha, I've done this before. Had my laptop bag stuffed with a laptop (duh) and college textbooks and set it there to drive across the street to get lunch.

Caught me by surprise. Thought something was wrong. +1 on the DIC warning.

At least your melons are safe! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
First time my wife forgot to fasten her seatbelt and my Cruze started dinging it was like "what the ****?" Couldn't figure it out for about five minutes. It would really be nice if the DIC would display what the dinging is about.
IIRC, mine lights up the red picture of a seat/seatbelt.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
How much Watermelon can you eat? I'm paying $1 for whole watermelons from China located downstream from the waste plant. If you buckle them in the airbags will trigger. Why not move the melons to the floor?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Has a pressure sensor inside the seat cushion set at 20 pounds, should be okay a 19 pounds. Over 20 pounds, have to fasten the seat belt that isn't really a bad idea, a 20 pound water melon hitting your dash can really do some damage if not make a big mess.

No pressure sensors in the rear seat, least not yet.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much Watermelon can you eat? I'm paying $1 for whole watermelons from China located downstream from the waste plant. If you buckle them in the airbags will trigger. Why not move the melons to the floor?
Sounds like you get the really good watermelons. Here lately I have been eating two of these a week. With this hot weather I eat them as a desert after lunch and dinner. Helps keep me hydrated since I work outside.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Sounds like you get the really good watermelons. Here lately I have been eating two of these a week. With this hot weather I eat them as a desert after lunch and dinner. Helps keep me hydrated since I work outside.
Watermelon Juice is very popular in Cuba & Miami at the little stands. I saw watermelon served on Popsicle sticks on the Travel Channel show where that guy will eat everything, the kid were eating Watermelon. I can't buy food in my town because our Supermarket moved away but the Dollar Store carries tons of "B" produce. I'm eating Bing Cherries now, $4.99 a pound at Safeway, 99 cents a pound here. Melons, they have Melons, some I've never seen. Oh they have tons of Berries too! By the way these Cherries suck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts