Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thanks for posting. I do like his channel.

I remember reading something here on the forum that either the 2018 or 2019 now has an official button to turn this on/off? Since you have a 2018 can you confirm this? There's lot's of posts here about how to drive such that it doesn't come on, but to my knowledge start stop is always active.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I remember reading something here on the forum that either the 2018 or 2019 now has an official button to turn this on/off? Since you have a 2018 can you confirm this? There's lot's of posts here about how to drive such that it doesn't come on, but to my knowledge start stop is always active.
I WISH there was a switch. But I go to L or N because it's still over 90 almost every day and has been since June.

·
Registered
214 Posts

The switch will be available on the 2019 model

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The switch will be available on the 2019 model
Hopefully it'll be an easy retrofit to MY 18s. If not,I can live with it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The **** get roughly 5 more miles per gallon. WITHOUT stop/start, fan, or alternator.

Imagine what they would get if they used all the tech we have to use.
Not on my turf. 2018 Cruze Hatch with 6 speed manual here. Averaging 6.5l per 100km since April. My wife bought a 2018 Mazda 3 GT with the 2.5 and an auto transmission on June 1st. 50% is city mileage on mine and the Mazda and the Mazda average 8.1l per 100km.

We both did the same trip in August (625km both ways) Mine was at 6.2l per 100km. The Mazda was at 6.8l per 100km. Both trips were in hot weather with A/C running 100% of the time on both cars because of 32+celcius temperatures and high humidity. I was driving both cars on our trip all the time with the same speed locked in around 115km/h (enjoying the scenery hehe)

Overall, my Cruze beats the Mazda by quite a large margin.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
0.166 gal/hour idling.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Not on my turf. 2018 Cruze Hatch with 6 speed manual here. Averaging 6.5l per 100km since April. My wife bought a 2018 Mazda 3 GT with the 2.5 and an auto transmission on June 1st. 50% is city mileage on mine and the Mazda and the Mazda average 8.1l per 100km.

We both did the same trip in August (625km both ways) Mine was at 6.2l per 100km. The Mazda was at 6.8l per 100km. Both trips were in hot weather with A/C running 100% of the time on both cars because of 32+celcius temperatures and high humidity. I was driving both cars on our trip all the time with the same speed locked in around 115km/h (enjoying the scenery hehe)

Overall, my Cruze beats the Mazda by quite a large margin.
My sons 16 mazda goes 50 miles farther per tank. 460 miles. Claims to hold the same amount as my 17 cruze. Which only goes 410 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts