Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to install interior lights in cruze 2013 LT that goes on with the door opening. Basically i was looking forba door jamb switch but can't find it, please let me know as i am not a great car expert. Thankyou

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
How to install interior lights in cruze 2013 LT that goes on with the door opening. Basically i was looking forba door jamb switch but can't find it, please let me know as i am not a great car expert. Thankyou
I would purchase a cheap little "add a fuse" thing and connect your power wire the the fuse where interior overhead lights are so they all come on and go off the same.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The Cruze is a heavily computerized car. The door switch goes to the BCM. The BCM drives the interior lights. I'm unaware of any specification that lists how much current the BCM can handle. And no, there's no fuse in the fuse box that goes on/off with the interior lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes exactly, I've been looking for that fuse too but was not able to find it and I don't really know about BCM. But what can i do to install them?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
maybe use a relay from the headlights since the headlights work with the key fob opening/unlocking and when ignition shut off and the key removed lights come on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just did this yesterday , and learned from a previous thread on this forum.
Passenger side pull the panel off the center console section and there is a grey plug.
The top left most wire is a gray wire tap into it for the power and ground the lights and you're good

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Add a fuse only useful if you wanted something like a color and had a switch installed with it as well , the bcm fuse for the door lights and an add a fuse keeps them on permanently

I used single t10 bulbs but probably will switch to led strips

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts