Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a topic rarely talked about, but one that needs to be addressed. Most people go with the belief in the automotive world that once an interior plastic panel is scratched, that's it. It can't be repaired, only the panel can be replaced. Since I have some scratches on some parts of my Cruze interior, I took up the interest of seeing whether this was true or not. Can they be repaired without replacing whole panel or not? I've come across two solutions and was wondering if anyone on here has made use of them or heard of them. The first is a system by scratchwizard that involves some minor sanding and filling and then spraying with a color matched dye/paint. I have found that this company makes a kit specifically colored matched for the Cruze interior.

http://scratchwizard.net/automotive-leather-vinyl-plastic-dye/chevrolet/cruze/2014/s-5855

Another repair method involves using a system that employs using a heat gun to warm the plastic area that has been scratched and then reforming it using a type of grain pad that matches the grain of the interior pressed up against the now warm area which will be mailable. The grain pad is form using 2 components that will make the texture of the interior once cured.

Grain Pro System | The Interior Guy

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Interesting find. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
For the most part, they can't be repaired well. There are professionals that do interior repair, but it takes a ton of skill to make the repair invisible.

Also a lot of our interiors have a soft touch coating on them, good luck blending that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.