Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just another one of the many headaches this car has caused me. After starting the car and iding for a few minutes up came these alarms.I had the car towed to the dealership and they could not find a fix and told me the codes have been reset. $100. Today driving about 45k/hr it did exactly the same thing again and would let me drive about 8 km/hr . I let it sit for five minutes started it up and within about two km it did the same thing. Stuck in Edmonton I went for a coffee and after 1/2 hr a restart and the problem has gone away. Like many of you this car can not be depended on. Have any of you found or heard of a fix. Also where can I get some magic beans to turn this car into a Honda. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Your post raises a few questions with me.
1. Did the dealer tell you or put the codes they reset on the workorder?
2. I'd guess you are starting to see some cold temperatures and thus greater thermal expansion as the car warms up to operating temperature.
3. Did the dealer check the primary cables that connect to the battery for proper voltages (see the other stabilitrac threads on this site)?
4. Have you opened an incident with GM via the toll free number in the back of your OM?
5. Have you PM'd the Chevy Customer Service member here about this?

No magic beans. Just a possible expensive trade in.

Mods: Move to the Stabilitrac theard?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Ralpht,

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your Cruze. According to your post it sounds like you are located within Canada. Unfortunately, I am only able to assist customers who are located within the U.S. Here is the contact number for our Customer Care team in Canada: 1-800-263-3777. Feel free to reach out to them as they are in the best position to assist you. As we are not licensed technicians we are unable to provide technical advice on the forum but they would be happy to get you in contact with the dealership and those with the ability to properly diagnose your Cruze.

If there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to reach out.

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts