Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the owner of a 2016 Cruze Premium RS which I bought almost a month ago.

I love the Cruze especially all the technology in the car. The safety features are great. And I love that the Cruze has Android Auto.

I joined the site since I am having issues with installing GM mud flaps on my Cruze.

Disclaimer:

I am a GM IT employee who works in the GCCX group. (Which OnStar is part of) All views, opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Android auto certainly is neat, that's one feature I really wish I had!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I just posted this on the Cruze Gen 2 exterior forum:

I ordered the GM OEM splash guards / mud flaps for my 2016 Cruze Premium RS and there seems to be a problem with installing the front splash guards. (They just do not fit)
When I ordered the splash guards I provided my VIN to verify fit.

I have done some Google searches and from what I have found there have been issues with previous model years with the RS package and the splash guards.
So what I would like to know is are there any other 2016 Cruze owners who are having issues with installing the splash guards. Were you able to install the front splash guards?
If you have a RS were you able to install the splash guards?

Thanks in advance.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
There is a few members here that installed the guards and had to modify the front set accordingly with a very sharp knife to trim them up a bit in order to get them to fit with those RS rocker panels.

Welcome and Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Welcome! I know Mudflaps and RS did not go together in Gen 1 cruzes. They didn't fit without slight modifications. Unsure about 2nd Gen, but even the GM parts weren't compatible w/ the RS body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a few members here that installed the guards and had to modify the front set accordingly with a very sharp knife to trim them up a bit in order to get them to fit with those RS rocker panels.

Welcome and Good luck.
Thanks for the info. Are there any instructions out there for how to do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
welcome to the forum. i just checked my accessory catalog and i didn't see any mud guards specifically for the rs released yet, so modification is needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally have definitive information on the issue!

The splash guards will not fit on a Cruze with the RS package. There are two RPO codes on my Cruze both which are listed in the part description. The description states that the splash guards will not work with either option. I don't have the RPO codes in front of me but one of them are the body mouldings that run on the bottom of the car and the second is some kind of air flow option. So even if you give someone your VIN to verify fit they will not work.

So the next question is how does one modify the splash guards to fit a RS? I have seen people talk about using a knife but no details :)
(I'm an IT guy and not handy with tools :)

Thanks to all who have chimed in with help and info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts