Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Cruze.jpg

My name is Corey, and I just purchased my first car (previously had a shared stake in a 2002 Accord with my younger sister), a black 2012 Cruze LT. Picked it up today at the dealership, but will be returning mid week to have the car undergo another Ozone cleaning, as the first one certainly did not cut the smokey smell in the interior by even 10% let alone the 90% improvement the salesperson boasted.

Anyways, more about myself:

22 year old living in Southern Ontario, I'll likely be travelling a fair amount come fall depending on the job situation (recent BBA/HBA grad) so I needed to find myself a relatively fuel efficient, affordable car. I'm currently telecommuting as an account manager for a social media marketing agency based in Toronto, and working on starting up my own company providing admin support for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

My future plans for the car include:
a) minimizing the cigarette smell inside
b) possibly doing some carbon wrap over the chevrons on the car, because why not,
c) new summer rims when funds allow (the aluminum is corroded on at least three of the four existing rims, which I will likely use for the winter tires exclusively, again when funds allow.

I've got two free years of oil changes (maximum 4) that I will take advantage of from the dealership, but given the fact that the warranty is up on the car, the majority of maintenance will be done by myself at home, as I was doing with the Honda.

Hope to get plenty of advice (particularly from anyone who knows anything about getting rid of the smokey smell in the interior) from the forum and seeing what else I can learn.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks!

So I've been doing some reading up on this Ozone treatment that they said they did on the car, (salesperson told me it takes about 6 hours) and I've read that it can take anywhere from 25 mins to two days depending on the level of odour in the vehicle. So far the reviews have been fairly positive, leading me to believe that it does actually work. Unfortunately this also leads me to believe that they may not have actually done the treatment they said they did on the first go round. Because the car was new to me, I had to obviously get out and enjoy it a bit yesterday, but my clothes smelled of smoke when I got out. That certainly doesn't seem to me to be anywhere close to the "90% removal" that the salesman boasted.

I didn't see anything in the forum so far in my search about this ozone treatment, so I will keep everyone posted on the results of the "second" treatment later this week.

Cheers,

·
Registered
41 Posts
You might consider a product called Nature's Miracle for the smell. It's advertised as a pet odor remover, but it works well for all organically generated odors. Buy it in a spray bottle and mist all of the fabric in the car, especially the headliner and visors. Obviously you should check for colorfastness first, but I've never had a problem with it. Link below or your local pet supply store should have it as well.

Edit: I'm too new to post links yet, but copy and paste the text below, etc. etc

natures-miracle.com/products/pet-odor-stain-removers/original-pet-stain-odor-remover.aspx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts