Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Introduction

935 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
Having been a member for a few months, being a lurker, I finally decided to post my introduction, my getting a Cruze was an interesting journey.

Early this year, I was in a car accident; the other party ran a red light and totaled my Sentra. I started looking around for different cars, but the Cruze kept showing up in my searches based on my preferences. So I decided to take a closer look and scheduled a test drive at a local dealer; what a mistake. This 2017 Cruze had a missing visor; the salesmen also told me it wasn't passing smog. Then the interior was just not cleaned up. You would think if you're trying to sell the car, you would clean it up. I still went ahead and did the test drive, but I knew this wasn't the car for me, but I liked how it drove.

Two weeks after doing that test, I had someone talk to me about Carvana(yes, the evil Carvana). I searched and found a 2019 LT Cruze. The same day I got my settlement from the other person's insurance on my old vehicle, it just happened to be the same amount as the 2019 Cruze. I got the deal together and, on 4/23/2022, became a 2019 Cruze owner with only 30,850 miles on it. I also purchased their extended warranty, with no deductible.

That car came in very clean, but Carvana's third-party inspection was severely lacking; some flaws were not disclosed, and nothing was disclosed. I had a big scratch on the side, a passenger-side blind spot detector not working, broken rubber on the brake pedal, and a rough idle. But unlike other Carvana owners, they fixed everything on their dime.

I got my complete registration two weeks ago, so there are no issues there. Found out this car was a lease and was pretty much-taken care of. Now my only problem is my wife drive's it more than me. My Carvana experience seems not to be the typical thing you hear about.

As far as myself, after the accident, I got a bum shoulder and can't get any more medical due to the driver not having enough insurance, so I'll be dealing with that off and on over the next several years. My lawyer is looking at what they can do, but we have exhausted the available insurance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,174 Posts
Having been a member for a few months, being a lurker, I finally decided to post my introduction, my getting a Cruze was an interesting journey.

Early this year, I was in a car accident; the other party ran a red light and totaled my Sentra. I started looking around for different cars, but the Cruze kept showing up in my searches based on my preferences. So I decided to take a closer look and scheduled a test drive at a local dealer; what a mistake. This 2017 Cruze had a missing visor; the salesmen also told me it wasn't passing smog. Then the interior was just not cleaned up. You would think if you're trying to sell the car, you would clean it up. I still went ahead and did the test drive, but I knew this wasn't the car for me, but I liked how it drove.

Two weeks after doing that test, I had someone talk to me about Carvana(yes, the evil Carvana). I searched and found a 2019 LT Cruze. The same day I got my settlement from the other person's insurance on my old vehicle, it just happened to be the same amount as the 2019 Cruze. I got the deal together and, on 4/23/2022, became a 2019 Cruze owner with only 30,850 miles on it. I also purchased their extended warranty, with no deductible.

That car came in very clean, but Carvana's third-party inspection was severely lacking; some flaws were not disclosed, and nothing was disclosed. I had a big scratch on the side, a passenger-side blind spot detector not working, broken rubber on the brake pedal, and a rough idle. But unlike other Carvana owners, they fixed everything on their dime.

I got my complete registration two weeks ago, so there are no issues there. Found out this car was a lease and was pretty much-taken care of. Now my only problem is my wife drive's it more than me. My Carvana experience seems not to be the typical thing you hear about.

As far as myself, after the accident, I got a bum shoulder and can't get any more medical due to the driver not having enough insurance, so I'll be dealing with that off and on over the next several years. My lawyer is looking at what they can do, but we have exhausted the available insurance.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Post some pictures.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,174 Posts
Hi, I join this forum to explore out the new things. Because I love to get to know the latest technologies.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts