Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use your iphone in your Cruze, when you plug it in and it starts to play whatever last song/podcast you were on. Load up Pandora and hit play.. You can listen to pandora in your car controlled through the phone. Your display will stay stuck on the mp3 you were listening to unfortunately but it works well and sounds good (as long as you turn on high quality audio)

I know you could just do that through the headphone jack aux in but then you wouldnt be charging your phone :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you use your iphone in your Cruze, when you plug it in and it starts to play whatever last song/podcast you were on. Load up Pandora and hit play.. You can listen to pandora in your car controlled through the phone. Your display will stay stuck on the mp3 you were listening to unfortunately but it works well and sounds good (as long as you turn on high quality audio)

I know you could just do that through the headphone jack aux in but then you wouldnt be charging your phone :)
This also works with audiogalaxy for those of you that have a music library larger than your phone can hold( I have the 16gb iphone 4, but have over 90gb of music, so I stream it all from my PC)

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks for the tip about audiogalaxy. I've been searching for a good alternative to streaming from my imac since simplify went away. Have it indexing right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no option to edit my previous post..but just to post a quick follow up. This worked perfectly for me. You give up dash/wheel control, but the audio plays fine. Don't see any reason why this wouldn't work for any streaming app/podcasts/etc. Interaction must be done via the phone so it's not ideal but does work. If you want to get back to the ipod function, you need to either disconnect and replug, or just cycle the sources back to ipod and it should resume.

·
Registered
129 Posts
no option to edit my previous post..but just to post a quick follow up. This worked perfectly for me. You give up dash/wheel control, but the audio plays fine. Don't see any reason why this wouldn't work for any streaming app/podcasts/etc. Interaction must be done via the phone so it's not ideal but does work. If you want to get back to the ipod function, you need to either disconnect and replug, or just cycle the sources back to ipod and it should resume.
Yep! Audiogalaxy is a great program, and I also have to cycle through sources to regain control, but I'm not complaining, AudioGalaxy drains my battery, but since its charging in the car, I don't worry about it anymore.

And to shawn:

This will work for androids, just make sure you either have all your music on the internal SD card and you have no external SD card, or vice-versa, if you mount the phone in USB storage mode with an external SD card, only that card is mounted. I had a Samsung Captivate with both, and had to remove my external to get my folders to load up, but have since switched back to the iPhone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah, this works for pretty much a ny app that can stream out audio. When you first plug in, the Cruze will start playing songs off the iPod app, but you can just fire up any app you want to play through the audio system, and it'll fade out the iPod and switch to that.

I've played audio from Pandora and Slacker radio... and for grins, the XM iPhone app, even though that was kinda redundant. :)

Phone calls will NOT stream through the dock connector, but then that's what bluetooth is for. You can charge the phone up by keeping it plugged in during the call, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts