1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, friends.

Another newbie question:

View attachment 267191

I have a 160 gig iPod Classic that I am using with my 2012 Cruze. It has been having a terrible time staying locked to the Cruze's radio, and will refuse to show up in the display, saying messages like "No compatible devices/data found" or it will just not show up as an option. If it DOES work for awhile, it will often stop connecting if I shut the car off to go into a store or something, and when I come back out, it refuses to talk to the iPod. I have changed USB cords so I know it is not a bad connection there. Sometimes I can get it to see my iPod by disconnecting, rebooting the iPod then re-hooking up the USB cable. Then sometimes it will just click in by itself while I am driving and start playing. Anybody else struggling with their Cruze/iPod connection?

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
I only tried the iPod briefly, but what does work well is to put the files on a USB drive. SanDisk Cruzer seems to work best - it can be fussy about the brand. PNY didn't do so well. You can copy the files from iTunes directory on your PC. If you try to copy from the iPod itself, it becomes a jumbled mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.