Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Cruze a couple of weeks ago and I went to hook up my Nano. I can get it to work half the time. The other times, I get the message that my device is unsupported....called dealership and they don't know what to tell me. I just got the Nano in February, so I know there is nothing wrong with that (at least there better not be....) Any suggestions?

·
Registered
76 Posts
This happens to me as well, I think it's when you switch songs quicker than the radio can pick it up so it glitches out... If you go slower switching songs it seems alright. I was gonna ask the same thing the other day lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I understand, connecting with any Apple product that's not an iPod Classic is pretty sketchy. I've had troubles with my iPhone 4 since day 1. I get that same device error message, but when you hit OK it will work with limited functionality (it can search and play songs just fine, but Play/Pause button doesn't work and you can't FF or rewind, just jump tracks).

There is no known workarounds, updating firmware doesn't help. It's a bummer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My iPhone. When that message is visible, the connection has no function whatsoever. But when I hit Ok (actually, it's "Dismiss" if memory servers me right) I get at least some workability out of it.

Kind of disappointing. As a new Cruze owner, I was really looking forward to a good connectivity package. I use my iPhone/iPod in the car CONSTANTLY.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to resurrect a dead topic but have any of you found a solution or contacted and asked GM? I'm having the same problem although every time I connect an mp3 player, it responds slightly different. It usually will play a random song for about a minute and a half as it indexes, then freeze up and display the files not supported message.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an IPod Nano 2nd gen and it doesn't even acknowledge it's plugged in. The IPod charges, but the radio doesn't respond or anything. Kind of bummed...I don't feel like buying another Ipod.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From what I understand, connecting with any Apple product that's not an iPod Classic is pretty sketchy. I've had troubles with my iPhone 4 since day 1. I get that same device error message, but when you hit OK it will work with limited functionality (it can search and play songs just fine, but Play/Pause button doesn't work and you can't FF or rewind, just jump tracks).

There is no known workarounds, updating firmware doesn't help. It's a bummer.
i have a 5 year old ipod video that acts stupid too. i have a few emails to a few different people. i dont think anything is going to be done any time soon on this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't know if this will help anyone, but my iPod Nano (5th generation) works fine if the hold button is set. I tried it once without it being set to hold - it worked initially, but didn't register the next time I started the car (I had left it plugged in), and the iPod froze. I reset it, and as long as I keep it set to hold, it works fine.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I have that issue with my 4S. It will 'freeze' playing the song, or in between songs then jump to the last channel I was on. Also occasionally have this issue when I'm searching for a song to play on it... I will just get:

on the screen and nothing else, then it kicks over to radio then after a minute it will start up the iphone again.

Not sure what the problem is. I also, from time to time, get 'static' when I play songs off the iPhone. I thought it was the cable, but I purchased it brand new when I got the car and it had that issue within a day or two of using it.

Kind of wondering if the stereo is 100% compatible with the iPhone. Some days it works great, others not so much. Really hit and miss.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have that issue with my 4S. It will 'freeze' playing the song, or in between songs then jump to the last channel I was on. Also occasionally have this issue when I'm searching for a song to play on it... I will just get:

on the screen and nothing else, then it kicks over to radio then after a minute it will start up the iphone again.

Not sure what the problem is. I also, from time to time, get 'static' when I play songs off the iPhone. I thought it was the cable, but I purchased it brand new when I got the car and it had that issue within a day or two of using it.

Kind of wondering if the stereo is 100% compatible with the iPhone. Some days it works great, others not so much. Really hit and miss.
Have the same exact issues...it's annoying

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
718 Posts
My 4g ipod touch won't connect at random times. Today, I plugged and unplugged it 5-6 times before it was recognized.

Yet, in the house, it's picked up the first time every time.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
If you are experiencing this issue I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer and have them look into this for you. Please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.

Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Just learned recently, like yesterday, my Motorola Electrify when you plug in any kind of USB cable has a pull down menu, and have to set it to battery charger only so the rest of the phone works. If I just plug in a USB cord, charger or not, nothing on the phone works including access to the micro SD card with all of my MP3's on it, has to be in battery charger only.

Okay, a Motorola Electrify is not an Apple Ipod, but could be something in yours buried deep inside of your phone.

What really works great in my Cruze is a 16GB Cruzer USB flashdrive, lets me use my own folder names, shows those, plus can rename my songs to shorter names without problems, only sticks up about a 1/4", cheap at 12 bucks, and just copied and pasted all of my MP3's to it. No cords to fool with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm having this problem the day i pick my car I was able to use my old Nano (2nd gen) it work for the first day no problem. Then it started to act up and I would get the message that is was not suported. So I switch over to my other Nano (4th Gen) this also worked for a day and then I started to get the message again. I did a hard reset on both Ipods, it worked, but not the next time I started the car. I also tried two differernt USB cables. Kind of stumped at this point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts