Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Back-up Camera a Standard feature on Cruze Diesel models for 2014 and 2015? Is the only difference the grid-lines on the 2015?

Thanks,
CT

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Pretty sure it is. I don't remember seeing it as an option when I bought mine; it was just there.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Usually the camera is bundled into some kind of package. Maybe called something like "Technology package". I don't know if that package is standard on diesels or not. It might be a common add-on, but I wouldn't bet that it couldn't be ordered without it. If you're looking at a car, look for the black lump that is the rear view camera clinging like a bat
just above the license plate and just left of center.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I think the back up camera was a part of the convienance package, my 15 has the lines on the screen with back up camera, my 14 Eco didn't have the lines.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
One write-up said it was part of both the Technology and Convenience package. However, if you're buying used, you probably won't have a listing of what packages the car came with.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good question, now I can't remember. I want to say it was/is. I don't remember it being in one of the options I got on mine.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,658 Posts
Well luckily, you can still Build Your Own 2015 Cruze on Chevy's site (if you know where to find it, link posted below) - by doing so, this confirmed that the Backup Camera is part of the 2LT/Diesel Convenience Package, and (at least in 2015, but I believe this was the same in 2014) included heated mirrors and auto-dimming rear-view mirror.

The Safety package included the backup sensors (rear park assist), rear cross-traffic alert, and blind spot detection.

http://www.chevrolet.com/2015-cruze-compact-car/build-your-own.html

·
10,713 Posts
Diesel falls under 2LT and 15 is the 1st year of the guide lines. There was one guy who said he knew of a 2014 LTZ with them but I've only seen/heard of a 14 who had his radio fail and the new one had it.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Well luckily, you can still Build Your Own 2015 Cruze on Chevy's site (if you know where to find it, link posted below) - by doing so, this confirmed that the Backup Camera is part of the 2LT/Diesel Convenience Package, and (at least in 2015, but I believe this was the same in 2014) included heated mirrors and auto-dimming rear-view mirror.
If you select the 1LT, you also have the option of the technology package - which also includes the backup camera. But the tech package isn't available on the diesel - I assume it's because it's "baked in". (And the convenience package is $300 cheaper - probably because the camera is already installed.)

So, I think the answer is, at least for 2015, yes, all normal diesels have backup cameras. (I'm not making any promises about fleet builds.)

My guess is that OP is looking at a used car. Which is why I showed how to look for the camera. A used car ad is far more likely to have pictures than listing the packages.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It seems as though the 2LT package is a VERY common option package with the diesel's, but NOT standard.

On edit: It looks like the Diesels get the 2LT exterior and interior packages but the 2LT Diesel Driver Convenience Package is not included standard...

I seem to have found one that does not have it... If I buy it I'll let you guys know...

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I can confirm another diesel (mine) with no backup camera. I bought mine with zero options.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Okay I have both window stickers on the desk. Hers has the 2LT Driver convenience package, mine does not. The back up camera is part of that package.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Isn't the backup cameras mandated by the government that all news cars have them as required/standard equipment by 2018?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Isn't the backup cameras mandated by the government that all news cars have them as required/standard equipment by 2018?
Something like that. But that doesn't mean that GM won't play the option game until then.

·
Registered
355 Posts
May 2018- which translates to the 2019 model year. Most manufacturers have already made them standard, Chevy is slowly across the lineup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts