Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS THE RESPONCE FROM GOOGLE TO THA QUESTION.

Avoid Chevy Cruze Year Models 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The Chevy Cruze began production in 2008 as an affordable vehicle, and it’s still going strong today. However, there are some distinctive Chevy Cruze years to avoid. If you want to stay safe when investing in a Chevy Cruze, stay away from the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 models of this vehicle.
The most prominent issue that arose with these cars is transmission failure and engine problems. The 2011 vehicle stands out as one of the most prominent Chevy Cruze years to avoid, bringing to light a variety of expensive issues. Steer clear of these to get a solid deal with your vehicle.

PS. MY IS FROM 2013

·
The Nuclear Option
5,746 Posts
I would say that the average person would probably think the 1st gen Cruze is a bad car. It did have more mechanical issues than the average person would probably consider acceptable.

Do I think the gen 1 Cruze is a mediocre car setup how GM originally sold it?

Yes, I do. That's why I modified mine. :LOL:

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,155 Posts
THIS IS THE RESPONCE FROM GOOGLE TO THA QUESTION.

Avoid Chevy Cruze Year Models 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The Chevy Cruze began production in 2008 as an affordable vehicle, and it’s still going strong today. However, there are some distinctive Chevy Cruze years to avoid. If you want to stay safe when investing in a Chevy Cruze, stay away from the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 models of this vehicle.
The most prominent issue that arose with these cars is transmission failure and engine problems. The 2011 vehicle stands out as one of the most prominent Chevy Cruze years to avoid, bringing to light a variety of expensive issues. Steer clear of these to get a solid deal with your vehicle.

PS. MY IS FROM 2013
In my experience, I'd say Google is partially correct. 2011, yup your going to have failures. 2012-2013 the transmission updates were being done. The 2016s ÷ Lspi problems, but so does every DI 4 cylinder Turbo. All that said, I consider the 2014 and newer good cars. My 2015 has cost me $200 in repairs over nearly 7 years. $200 over 7 years, yup, a horrible car.
Yes they do break, but it is often a minor failure.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 2013 is running like a champ. Slightly modded and about to be tuned, but the only issues I have had was cooling system and coilpack, mechanically. Im with Johnny on this one. Under $200 for parts and me to put them on was free. I do have the manual trans, though, so no idea on the auto's. I buy manuals whenever I can. 🖖

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I got a lemon for my 2012 Cruze. Now at 111,279 miles on it but it's been in the shop and the dealership several times trying to fix the stench of burning coolant in the cabin every time you turn on the heater! Nobody seems to know how to fix it!!! They said there's no leaks at all and they all could not come up with a solution. They think it's all in my head!!! Very frustrating after spending thousands on it! Other than that, it's a good car. I have had no other problems with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I got a lemon for my 2012 Cruze. Now at 111,279 miles on it but it's been in the shop and the dealership several times trying to fix the stench of burning coolant in the cabin every time you turn on the heater! Nobody seems to know how to fix it!!! They said there's no leaks at all and they all could not come up with a solution. They think it's all in my head!!! Very frustrating after spending thousands on it! Other than that, it's a good car. I have had no other problems with it.
Looks like one hillbilly found a perfect hillbilly solution what the best GM engineers couldn't! All it takes, a $5.00 hose and some epoxy. DUH!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY 2015 RUNS FINE, UNTIL I PUSH THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR AND IT GOSE INTO LIMP MODE. GOT OVERBOOST AND MAF, EGR, MAP, AND THE AIR LOW BANK 1 IS LOW. I HAVE THE PEDAL MONSTER, CAT BACK MUFFLER, TRIDENT WAIST GATE AND MY BOOST CONTROL IS NOT TURNED UP,. ANY CLUES ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My old 2012 had very few problems and had 190k miles on it when I traded it in. My daughters 2011 has about 110k miles and is doing decent other than a P0171 code that is eluding me
When I got that code on my 2012, I need to replace the valve cover on the engine. Pretty easy to do, and the part isn't that expensive. So if you haven't tried that, I recommend looking at that first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts