Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting into an argument with some people on a certain well known oil forum about the USA Cruze not being a Daewoo. Does anyone know of any websites I can get information that will set them strait? Or am I wrong? After owning an Aveo for 4 years I want no part in anything daewoo, and people saying the cruze is gets me all fired up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
The Cruze was designed by Daewoo. All together it's a frankenstein of parts and design. The engine is built in Austria (soon to be moved to Ohio). The car is assembled in Lordstown of misc. parts and sources.

There are a ton of sources regarding it but ultimately it's a GM car, it's not an "import" as the Aveo is

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I can live with Daewoo design. As long as she doesn't have daewoo parts. The Aveo was a high maintenance nightmare and low quality. Whenever people say its a Daewoo product they put it in the Aveo category which isn't fair since the Cruze is far superior in every way.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
The Cruze is also a global machine — it was penned at the former Daewoo facility in Incheon, South Korea, while engineering was based at GM's European headquarters in Russelsheim, Germany. But despite the Cruze's foreign roots, U.S. and Canadian versions are built at GM's Lordstown, Ohio, plant.
Comparison Test: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ vs. 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

It's by no means a Daewoo at all to be honest, outside of the rough design sketches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts