Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone havn't posted here in a while.

But I come to you guys today to ask a question.

I have a 2014 chevy cruze 1.4lt with 40k miles on it. I use AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES 5w-30 and change my oil when it gets to around 20% oil life.

I have noticed that every time I change my oil, it smells a little like gas, not 100% gas, but just a faint little smell. I always ignored this and assumed it was normal until yesterday I recycled my oil at Advanced Auto Parts and the manager said that my oil looked very thin. I told him I just changed it and the oil was still a little warm, and he said it also smelled a little like gas and I kind of agreed.

I have never ever had any problems with my car or exhaust or anything, and my MPG has increased! It is at 34.5mgp average! (It is a highway car)

He told me I should get it checked. What do you guys think? He suggested leaking oil past cylinders or a bad fuel injector but my car runs perfect. He also suggested my vehicle is running to rich. Should I replace spark plugs? So is my engine really healthy or is something really wrong? (I use 87 octane in winter and will soon use 93 for warmer summer months) Thank-you

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,215 Posts
Next change or a sample removed from the top in a few thousand miles will be fine.

Usually if a stuck injector is DUMPING fuel in, you'll have idle and noticeable fuel consumption problems.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,304 Posts
When was the last time you checked the Gaps on those spark plugs ?

A Gap of 0.028 should be noted across all 4 Plugs .

This reads as though you are getting a lot of incomplete burns during your usual commute ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When was the last time you checked the Gaps on those spark plugs ?

A Gap of 0.028 should be noted across all 4 Plugs .

This reads as though you are getting a lot of incomplete burns during your usual commute ..
I have never checked the gaps because im nervous to take off that coil pack, i've heard its easy to rip the boots. Can you suggest a sure safe way how?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts