Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work and on the way home 5 days a week I swear I must see at least 10 different Cruzes, not the same ones either, driving around. Anyone else have a similar experience? Do you wave at fellow cruzers on the road?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are several Cruze owners in my apartment building alone. Sometime I try to intentionally park next to them in the parking lot. Once we actually had 3 in a row, Gold, White, Blue Ray...pretty majestic.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,357 Posts
I see maybe 3-5 other Cruzen a day, not including the 2 in my apartment complex, but in this area, Prii, Corollas, Camrys, Ford trucks, and Honda Civics make up most of the traffic during rush hour.

I've had 2 other Cruze drivers wave. Thought it was kinda cool. They're kinda unique little cars in a way.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
My dad has one, so we joke around a lot about parking next to each other when he visits. If he sees another Cruze in the parking lot, he'll park next to it (or at least has before when I was riding along with him). I'm personally too busy trying to park at least 5 spaces away from any other car. :/

But, yeah, I live in a metropolitan area, and I see many of them around. I pull up next to one randomly at stoplights at least a couple times a week I'd guess. I never look at other drivers, so waving isn't my thing, but maybe should start doing the biker wave or something ;)

I will say I have yet to see another Cruze with blacked out bowties or any sort of visual mods... so it's funny to come on here and see almost everyone has them. I know I can't be the only one around here with them, just have yet to see another one. Not complaining though. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see plenty of cruzes around here, must be good cars if there are so many on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was once at the beach and was in between two cruzes pulling out of a parking lot, and one was the same blue eco as mine. I still don't know if I like having a car that is as common as mine, there is one in my town that is the exact same

·
Registered
192 Posts
I see them all the time here as well, lots on the roads, there's usually at least one other one parked at any store or something I go to, several people in my neighborhood have them, etc. Only 2 in the parking lot at the company I work at though - mine and a white LS whose owner I don't know.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I see a ton of them every day.

However I have only seen one that was modded:

The guy blacked out his bowties, the rear diffuser panel, dark tint, and put SS badges on the back, both sides, and on the front grille of his car.

I laughed as I flew past him.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm seeing more of them on the roads as well. When I purchased mine I might see another Cruze on a weekly basis but now I'm seeing several every day.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
I see tons of them around Atlanta, usually around 5-6 to/from work and more on the weekends. I've been known to cruise along side of them for awhile.
But I have only ever seen one that wasn't (visually anyway) completely Stock
I have had a Honda pull up next to me and ask if the car had a turbo, because he could hear it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have yet to see my car exactly. I live in a huge city(Toronto) and really don't see many modded cruzes. Sometimes I will see a car with tints and overlays, but that's it.
I have a 13 RS in cyber gray metallic. I have seen one in my travels, but it was an Ltz RS. I have a 2lt RS. My car also looks pretty far from stock.

To be totally honest 75% of people driving cruzes that I see are 65+. Then 20% woman from 20-50. The last 5% is made up of men from 18-50. Younger guys are still under the assumption that imports last longer than and n.a car.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
To be totally honest 75% of people driving cruzes that I see are 65+. Then 20% woman from 20-50. The last 5% is made up of men from 18-50. Younger guys are still under the assumption that imports last longer than and n.a car.
I really don't check out other driver's too often but here I've noticed almost all the Cruze drivers are women. Usually middle-aged looking, but some my age or younger looking (like 18-20) probably high school grad cars or something.

I have seen a few grey/white haired drivers as well.

I have yet to see a male my own age driving a Cruze.

Shame :)

iLove

·
Registered
158 Posts
im 21 with a cruze but the payments arent easy seeing as im poor lol its a nice car and the more there on the road more in the junkyard = cheaper parts win!! and every girl i ask what they think about the car is "its cute" I bought it because its a good deal for mpg and decent performance being cute is just a bonus lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only mod I have on my cruze is a short ram intake (k&n) so it still looks completely stock, which I sort of prefer. The only setback is that it looks the same as any cruze driven by anyone.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yes - I don't see as many as you but it seems like I at lest see 5 or 6 a day going to and from work. Not the same ones either. Saw a green one the other day and I kind of like that color. Reminded me I got to give my cruze a good spring post winter cleaning one of these days.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Yess I always have this experience lol. There is probably 2 dozen just in my town alone. There are 3 other cruze's that are on my block. One across the street from me directly which she has a black LTZ, my neighbor two houses up, his wife has a 2011 LS ice blue metallic (same color as mine), and there is a 2012 LT gold mist metallic at the very end of my block which is a dead end on concrete. When I see other cruze owners driving on the highway or in town, I always wave or when I see one at the store, I park next to them and sometimes meet the owner at their car lol. I had that happen back in October of last year. A women parked next to mine at walmart away from other vehicles, and I come out before she did...I was still texting my gf at the time and she came out and was unloading her groceries. I got out and began talking to her about the cruze, and my business of detailing that I run and operate, etc. I made a quick customer and friend when I told her about my detailing business lol. She was probably in her mid 40's if I remember right. I talked to her for an hour or so. We had a **** good conversation. I love talking to other cruze owners. Also, a friend of my mom and I's has a 2013 LT with the RS package and its victory red with sunroof, and chevy myLink. I parked m car next to hers one day at us cellular which is where she works because I had to go buy something for my new phone, and I came right at closing, and I snapped off a couple shots of ours together and she comes out after lock-up and says "how did I not know you were doing that?". She smiled when she said that and when I turned around. I uploaded em to facebook and she commented on the photo and she liked em side by side. I know ALOT of people that own cruze's. Every single one of em loves the cruze. No issues or complaints that they told me when I asked them.

Reactions: Cruzin 4a Bruisin

·
Registered
252 Posts
Most of the major rental cars here like Alamo(which I work at), Avis and Budget rent Chevy Cruze's to tourists so I see them all over the place. By the dozens too! Those poor cars get so beat up and worn down by these tourists though. Most of them don't know how to drive I swear! There's a handful of locals with Cruze's though and it's nice to see them driving on the road. Not sure about waving at them though cause I'm a 20 year old and most of them seem like they're above their 30's maybe even 40's. Even though I added some mods to my Cruze to avoid looking like a tourist, I still think some locals cut me off because they think I'm a tourist that doesn't know where he's going lol. But screw them. I love my Cruze!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts