Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there’s a way to tap into a circuit that dims with the headlights on a 2014 Cruze Eco, so that a boost gauge could be dimmed at night?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anybody know if there’s a way to tap into a circuit that dims with the headlights on a 2014 Cruze Eco, so that a boost gauge could be dimmed at night?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken, it's pretty easy. It's no different than installing an aftermarket stereo. There is a special wire for the radio that ties into the lights, and lights up the radio, and dims with the dimmer switch. I remember it being a blue wire on radio installs but may have changed. Check with a car stereo install shop. That wire is what you want. They would know what is what. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
Pop the headlight switch out - pull the drivers seat fuse box cover off and reach up and push out - and take a meter and meter the pin-outs and find the one that changes voltage when the dimming wheel output is changed. Follow that wire to a spot you want to tap into.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Pop the headlight switch out - pull the drivers seat fuse box cover off and reach up and push out - and take a meter and meter the pin-outs and find the one that changes the dimming wheel output. Follow that wire to a spot you want to tap into.
That's what I did with the Voltmeter and Boost/Vac gauge in my Cobalt - Autometer Cobalt (hehe) gauges - and the dimmer does a great job dimming the LED backlights.

·
Super Moderator
7,500 Posts
That's what I did with the Voltmeter and Boost/Vac gauge in my Cobalt - Autometer Cobalt (hehe) gauges - and the dimmer does a great job dimming the LED backlights.
I have the Cobalt Boost Gauge in my Cruze, have yet to connect the light yet though, I need to do the same thing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ever find out where is most convenient to hook up to the dimmer circuit at?

·
Super Moderator
7,500 Posts
Ever find out where is most convenient to hook up to the dimmer circuit at?
I think I just have it on all the time. I'll check this evening when I leave work. I never seem to use the dimming function anyways. I just turn off the cabin lights and leave them off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do you have the autometer cobalt gauge? I keep my dash lights fairly dim... just didn't want it to be to smoking bright... If all else fails I can probably find a 24-30v bulb to throw in there from work to cut it down. Stumbled across this last night... really not wanting to cut any wires or do anything that's not easily reversible... although can't even drive my car because the dealer has sent the title to my bank yet (2 months)....:mad:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Isn't there a fuse for dash lights anymore?

That's how I did my gauges when i had them. Years ago. I just ran a wire to the dash fuse.

·
Super Moderator
7,500 Posts
Yes I have an Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts