Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having some issues with my ac. In the cooler spring/fall months my ac blows fairly cool and does fine, but in the summer (90+ ambient - louisiana humidity) it will blow somewhere in the 70s and cannot keep the car cool. Last summer when I first become aware of this I ended up vacuuming out the system and recharging it with the amount listed in the engine bay. It got better but did not fully solve the issue. When the car is up to temp and the ac fully on, the low side sits at 4.5 bar and high at 12.5. With the car off low was 6.5 and high 8.5 - but this was shortly after running and may not have had time to balance out. Need to check again with the everything cold.
According to the manuals I have seen on this site that makes the low side high and the high side low which points to failing compressor.
I'm hoping that someone more knowledgable than me can help me make sure that this is the problem, as I would rather it be almost anything else, and I especially don't want to replace it and that not have been the problem.
Guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Bar????

Post your pressure readings. Not bar.

You should be reading 250ish on the high and 35ish on the low. Motor running at 2000 rpm and radiator fan running. They kick on and off these days.

Most cars of the current decade don't hold a full charge. 180 on the high is where they hold. That's not a full charge.

The last 3 cars I've owned. I've had to top off. At the beginning of summer and during summer.

Keep your high at 250 and you'll have good ac.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bar????

Post your pressure readings. Not bar.

You should be reading 250ish on the high and 35ish on the low. Motor running at 2000 rpm and radiator fan running. They kick on and off these days.

Most cars of the current decade don't hold a full charge. 180 on the high is where they hold. That's not a full charge.

The last 3 cars I've owned. I've had to top off. At the beginning of summer and during summer.

Keep your high at 250 and you'll have good ac.
There's more than one unit for measuring pressure man..
1 bar = 14.5 psi
I'll help you out, 4.5 bar = 65 psi , 12.5 bar = 181 psi

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
There's more than one unit for measuring pressure man..
1 bar = 14.5 psi
I'll help you out, 4.5 bar = 65 psi , 12.5 bar = 181 psi
You can help all you want.

Since 1980 I've been using psi. Like the rest of the world. It's a more accurate number then bar. Man.

I'm not changing for one poster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can help all you want.

Since 1980 I've been using psi. Like the rest of the world. It's a more accurate number then bar. Man.

I'm not changing for one poster.
Thanks for the help I guess?

Is there anyone that can help me with my original post?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thanks for the help I guess?

Is there anyone that can help me with my original post?
How much more help you need?

My original post told you you're not fully charged.

I don't know how you think it's fully charged.

12.5 bar does not make 250 psi. And psi is a lot more accurate reading then bar.

BTW. BAR full charge would be 17.2386*****

1 - 6 of 6 Posts