Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruze just hit 120,000 kms which is the extended bumper to bumper warranty limit.

The car set a code on a road trip after i filled up with fuel, when i got home i did some checking and found coolant on the trans, and the undercarriage along with oil. Turns out i have a leaking oil pan again, 2 sensors leaking, a leaking water pump ( changed once in the summer) leaking pump outlet, worn out upper rad hose.

This all happened at once some how wow...

Is it just my cruze or are your cars leak machines like mine?

My car had a leaking heater core early on, leaking oil pan, once or twice, leaking valve cover, leaking trans hose connections, TSB water pump replaced, and now we just did it all over again. I find this crazy.

This all happened with the engine light at 119,965 and i took a photo of the dash showing mileage and engine light because i was 200 kms from home when it happened.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,196 Posts
Wow.

The only thing I had leak in the 4.5 years I had my 12 was my water pump. And water inlet hose was starting to drip, so I changed it.

None of what you said is uncommon around this forum though.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Only leak I have had have been my cooling system. Water pump and water outlet. water pump three times and water outlet twice. fortunately no leaks since I last had them changed. Never leaked oil from day one and I never used a drop of oil. The oil level is always the same on my dipstick between oil changes.

I personally don't think the water outlets were put on correctly from the factory and was the cause of the popular coolant smell. Once I had the water outlet replaced I have had zero coolant smells in my engine bay. Heck for all I know they may have caused the water pump problems by not being on correctly and letting air in the system. Air in the coolant system has been known to cause havoc on coolant and related parts.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
My cruze just hit 120,000 kms which is the extended bumper to bumper warranty limit.

The car set a code on a road trip after i filled up with fuel, when i got home i did some checking and found coolant on the trans, and the undercarriage along with oil. Turns out i have a leaking oil pan again, 2 sensors leaking, a leaking water pump ( changed once in the summer) leaking pump outlet, worn out upper rad hose.

This all happened at once some how wow...

Is it just my cruze or are your cars leak machines like mine?

My car had a leaking heater core early on, leaking oil pan, once or twice, leaking valve cover, leaking trans hose connections, TSB water pump replaced, and now we just did it all over again. I find this crazy.

This all happened with the engine light at 119,965 and i took a photo of the dash showing mileage and engine light because i was 200 kms from home when it happened.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hello Boostpatrol,

We're very sorry for these leak concerns with your Cruze, as this is certainly not something we like to hear. To clarify, has your dealership diagnosed this yet? We would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment at your dealership. Please send us a private message including your VIN/chassis, full contact information, and the name of your involved dealership to get started.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts