Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to

https://my.chevrolet.com/service

I pulled up all the service records on my vehicle. There were several instances where the GM website showed more services than what was performed at the dealer.

At every oil change it said they installed a fuel filter.

At every other change it says they serviced my transmission.

At around 40 it says they replaced my spark plugs.

I went in for service this morning and pointed it out to them.

The service advisors first question was where I got these service records. I told him GM.COM

He looked up the invoice that said they changed the spark plugs and he verified all that was done was an oil change. He then asked for my paper copies of the receipts. I stupidly handed them over.

Sure seems fishy to me.

Can others see if their vehicle shows additional services as well?

On the bright side they are performing the TSB regarding the negative battery cable... and they are going to change my clutch spring AGAIN.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am assuming this was during the warranty service allotments. I don't know if cheating is the right word. Chevrolet, and all car manufacturers, do not pay as much for warranty repairs as a customer will pay for the same work. Most service departs claim they loose money on each warranty repair. So, to make up for the loss, they will bill other things to the warranty invoice in an attempt to offset the loss. Looking for and correcting TSB, updates, and recall items are very common add ons. Fasteners, screws, and bolts get billed, but often not replaced. As you noted, fuel filters are another. Do they actually do all the extra things claimed on the invoice. I would guess not very often. Time is money. The more time they can show on the invoice, the more money they make. If they can spend less time actually turning wrenches than the invoice claims, they make money. Is this cheating? Well, a service manager will tell you it is surviving.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first three services were under warranty. However, the supposed spark plugs one was done at 42,301... well past when the BTB was over.

I noticed that today when I picked up the car that the cashier had several more sheets of paper then the two she gave me. I had to sign them in two spots and she was very quick to make me sign them. She never even handed them to me, just sat them on the counter long enough for me to sign them while she was still holding them.

In hindsight maybe I should have looked at them better. Maybe that is how they are getting away with it and I'm just stupidly signing everything without looking.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say/recommend finding a different dealer.
Honestly, if they are cheating GM I wouldn't mind putting the screws to them.

I'm more wondering if anyone else is seeing this in their service records at my chevy dot com. I mean, maybe there is a disconnect between the dealers and the my chevy page.

I'm not opposed to busting bad dealers, I already got a dealer busted near me for trying to sell me a CPO Cruze with bald tires. I took pictures and vids using a tread depth gauge and sent them to corporate. The eventual new owner can thank me for the new tires!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.