Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
At the dealer I work at, I buy 'em for $4.66 a piece. Couldn't find them cheaper than that, so I just bought a few year's supply.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
At the dealer I work at, I buy 'em for $4.66 a piece. Couldn't find them cheaper than that, so I just bought a few year's supply.
Oh yeah, when I was doing work for GM, would get many parts for free, engineering samples. But all this history now, as are free lunches and any sample I wanted related or not since I was in the position to approve vendors. Even as a kid, well 18 years old is a kid now, neighbor that I did work for was a Chrysler Plymouth dealer, got a brand new Plymouth Fury from him for 1,700 bucks!

But all this is history now, just like everybody else, no fun being like everyone else. Not only missing my large paycheck, but all the side benefits. Also miss having a key to the plant, could go in on a weekend and use any tool I needed, plus any material. Even a key to the stock room, but had to sign it out, for an engineering sample.

· Registered
91 Posts
Oh yeah, when I was doing work for GM, would get many parts for free, engineering samples. But all this history now, as are free lunches and any sample I wanted related or not since I was in the position to approve vendors. Even as a kid, well 18 years old is a kid now, neighbor that I did work for was a Chrysler Plymouth dealer, got a brand new Plymouth Fury from him for 1,700 bucks!

But all this is history now, just like everybody else, no fun being like everyone else. Not only missing my large paycheck, but all the side benefits. Also miss having a key to the plant, could go in on a weekend and use any tool I needed, plus any material. Even a key to the stock room, but had to sign it out, for an engineering sample.
Yeah, it is nice having those little side benefits! One day at work, my Cruze fob got caught in a Silverado seat as I was getting out of it, and it messed up the little release button. I went to the parts counter, and he popped the cut key out, and hooked me up with a new key fob for nothing!

I hope I stay there for a while.

· Registered
407 Posts
The one dealer I was going to was charging me a little over $10 with tax for an ACDelco filter. Stopped at another dealer one day since I was out that way, and they only charged me a little over $5 with tax. Needless to say that's where I buy them now.

· Banned
9,198 Posts
Never hurts to ask, but that answer sure hurts you. So when shopping spout off do you give AARP, AAA, veterans, or even a state resellers permit discount? With my Ford dealer in town was getting as much as 60% off with a resellers permit, but since the crunch, this is history, strictly MSRP price.

Lowes surprised to give a 10% discount to vets, Dunham's only gives AAA discounts on retail price, so kind of dumb to take a 10% of the retail price when an item is already on sale for 50% off.

Chevy dealer use to give 30% off with a sellers permit, but would only knock off five bucks off a fog lamp kit. But ebay offered the same identical kit for hundred bucks off with free shipping. Ha, not afraid to mention stuff like this, okay, I will go to ebay. But told my dealer was willing to pay 170 bucks for that kit.

I did not try the seven different dealers in my neck of the woods, gas is costing four bucks per gallon.

Toyota dealer is really nuts, 450 bucks for a fuel pump, got the same one off the net for a hundred bucks. Would think with a poor economy they would lower prices, some don't.

Thank God or whomever, for the internet. I need this extra money to pay my taxes!

· Premium Member
1,917 Posts
It seems as though these filter prices have really increased. Last year I bought 6 delco's (German made) on ebay for $20 shippped and I'm now down to my last 2.

Edit: Actually bought in Oct 2012 for $10.

ACDelco PF2257G Engine Oil Filter - 6 PACK (261110546557) | 100.0%

Sale date: 10/13/12
$10.00
Free shipping

More actions

· Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Hit up rockauto and order 6 at a time. That makes them about $5.50 each. Worst case you re-sell them on here at cost.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.