Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2014 with the 1.4. Like it so far but taking off is annoying me. When I take my foot off the brake before pressing the gas pedal it will stutter or jerk a little then after that it's fine. I noticed if I take off in manual mode this does not happen, is it just engaging the gear?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
What you're feeling is the transmission dropping back into gear from neutral.

It goes into a neutral mode when your foot is on the brake and you're stopped for a couple seconds.

Yes, this is "normal" behavior for the car.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Does that sound like a new vehicle should respond when excelerating from a stop ?
Your response is no . well any who this is a new vehicle and it will have to learn your driving habits for awhile . It should and will improve with age as any thing new does , So be patient with it and utilize the manu-matic for a while for your own sanity .
J is simply stating that it is Functioning as Designed , which is an obscure quote by an over stressed service Dept.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine has less than a 1000 km and it doest it. doesn't bother me as its probably the way it was designed.

i have owned about 6 cars and i learned that every car have their way of behaving and there will always be some **** they do you don't like. they are like kids.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Once you get familiar with the car, you will find that you can roll the car back when it's in drive and still having your foot on the brake while parked at a light.

·
10,713 Posts
Once you get familiar with the car, you will find that you can roll the car back when it's in drive and still having your foot on the brake while parked at a light.
That sounds like you could scare that person who pulled soo close behind you on a hill thinking that you are a new manual driver. Was this a 1.4 only thing as I didn't pay too much attention on the loaner 1.8 when I had body work and handbrake adjustments done?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
That sounds like you could scare that person who pulled soo close behind you on a hill thinking that you are a new manual driver. Was this a 1.4 only thing as I didn't pay too much attention on the loaner 1.8 when I had body work and handbrake adjustments done?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I actually found this out in my first week of owning the car.

On my way to work there is a light that is on a pretty steep hill. One morning, I felt the tranny disengage as I was waiting at the light and when the light turned green. I slowly left off the brake. As I was letting the brake, the car started to roll back quickly. Since then I've learned to get off the brake quickly at that light.

Since then, I've tested this out in the parking garage at my work. I have found the spot in the brake pedal travel where I can make the car roll back at will when I'm on an incline. It's like driving a manual sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts