Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the car was covered in dew. When I began my drive I turned on the electric defogger. The driver side rear view mirror cleared up but the passenger side cleared much more slowly. In fact, the air flow may have cleared it. Is the passenger side rear view mirror heated? Maybe mine is faulty.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I don't recall mine being heated, but I could be wrong. Do you have any option packages that might include this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think heated side view mirrors ( driver & passengers) were standard on my 15 diesel. They operate with the rear window defroster.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Mine has heated mirrors & both side clears & those are handy in the winter time for sure. The 2011 2LT package has them, unclear if the 1LT has that option included.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Both mirrors are heated and curved on my 2012 CDX diesel Cruze. Not a fan of the driver's mirror being curved, but after 4 years I have gotten used to it.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
Chevrolet said:
The available Driver Convenience Package includes driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors; auto-dimming inside rearview mirror; rear vision camera and outside heated, power-adjustable mirrors
We have the Convenience Package, as far as I know, both mirrors are heated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought so. I'll pay more attention to the passenger side next time there is an opportunity.

In your quote, it mentions auto dimming rear view mirror. I don't believe we have this.

We have the Convenience Package, as far as I know, both mirrors are heated.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
I thought so. I'll pay more attention to the passenger side next time there is an opportunity.

In your quote, it mentions auto dimming rear view mirror. I don't believe we have this.
We have one.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd say that if your driver's mirror is heated, the passenger one should be as well. I don't think there's any options for driver-side only.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

We have one.
Does an auto dimming rearview mirror have the flip switch on the bottom of the mirror to manually dim? If not, then my diesel doesn't have an auto dimming rearview mirror. I googled to see what one would look like but couldn't see any flip switch on the pictured mirrors. Also, the pictured mirrors appear to have a photo sensor on the side facing the windshield glass.

Maybe mine slipped through manufacturing without this being installed... Possible?

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Auto-dimming doesn't have a flip switch since it does it on its own. The light sensor is at the top of the mirror, facing rearward.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Auto-dimming doesn't have a flip switch since it does it on its own. The light sensor is at the top of the mirror, facing rearward.
This. The auto dimming is based on headlights shining in from the rear. It's not based on if it's day or night. That's what makes it so nice. It's in day mode unless someone is behind you. So you have a better chance of seeing that car that doesn't have it's lights on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.