Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their anywhere that still does deletes for the gen 1 diesels? I know with the EPA cracking down its hard to find anyone to do it.

·
Administrator
25,161 Posts
Not a national chain as they're too visible to the EPA, but you might be able to find someone local.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Why can't they just provide the deletes to the off-road racers and then notify the EPA of the VIN that will no longer be used for on-road use? I'm sure that would satisfy everybody right? Maybe somebody could e-mail AOC for her recommendation?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Maybe even send out a list of all of the VINs they provided deletes for in a plea deal?

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is one of the reasons i just traded in my 2014 with 80k on it. Was not about to risk all of the problems related to the Diesels DEF once the 100k warranty ran out. I wanted a new car also, had it for 5 1/2 years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is one of the reasons i just traded in my 2014 with 80k on it. Was not about to risk all of the problems related to the Diesels DEF once the 100k warranty ran out. I wanted a new car also, had it for 5 1/2 years.
I've thought about the same, but we have a few guys with really high miles on theirs and I'm not reading about constant problems at high mileage. Seems once you have all the extended coverage stuff replaced (5 yr/120k miles) then you should be set. I'm around 130k on mine and will probably go to about 200, then upgrade to a 19 which should be coming in off lease around that time.

My attempt to find employment that does not require 100+ miles round trip per day has not been successful so I'm stuck making the long haul and needing awesome MPG for now. I wouldn't mind a hybrid if I could get 600+ miles per tank but even those have their share of problems, and highways are not where hybrid shine anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts