Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To resonator and muffler delete on the Chevy Cruze? Is the reason I can't find any videos on YouTube of people doing it on the cruzes bc it sounds bad?

I just got my muffler deleted yesterday and now plan to go one more step and delete the resonator on Monday! If I still don't like it I plan to install a flow master or magnaflow muffler!

Any advice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
To resonator and muffler delete on the Chevy Cruze? Is the reason I can't find any videos on YouTube of people doing it on the cruzes bc it sounds bad?

I just got my muffler deleted yesterday and now plan to go one more step and delete the resonator on Monday! If I still don't like it I plan to install a flow master or magnaflow muffler!

Any advice?

I've got a 2.5" straight pipe on my car (No res no muffler) and honestly what I can tell with these cars is the exhaust is very quiet unless you can delete the cats, in my opinion anyway and keep the muffler because it sounds like ass without it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I learned the hard way but I guess it's not terrible but it's going to stay like this till I decide or make a decision on what aftermarket muffler to put back on in place of the oem deleted muffler! Any suggestions on a muffler guys?

·
10,713 Posts

Any advice?

Since its far far too late, Most just delete the rear one and start from there. I did similar on my other car and it was raspy and drone around 3000 rpms.

You asked on a Friday. This site tends to be slow over the weekend so if you're still looking for input, I'd give it another day or two.
I was gonna say the same but we are too late. I work nights (like right now) and have the kids in the afternoons. If I get near my phone to post here via the app, my daughter will try and take it from me and run off the entire time. She did similar with her cousin's tablets on Christmas day. As little as she is, she is Debo from the movie Friday when it comes to electronics that light up. If you think I edit my posts a lot here and FB, they are edited way more times due to her hitting send in the middle of me responding. Since notifications isn't that great here, you are better off tagging us on FB in a post where a few of us will see it come across our phone screen. Most likely she will see it before I will.

I've got a 2.5" straight pipe on my car (No res no muffler) and honestly what I can tell with these cars is the exhaust is very quiet unless you can delete the cats, in my opinion anyway and keep the muffler because it sounds like ass without it.
Quiet daytime or night time? I'm a 3rd shifter so I do a lot of cold starts at night at home and early AM at my job here. I also experienced similar no muffler and deleted cats scenario where you need something in line for rasp and drone control even if its a complete through muffler/resonator. You just have to be mindful how many you toss on as they target high pitched frequencies where the turbo howl resides. I lost most of that on my other car trying to be a good neighbor and still shake pictures on cold start.

Yeah I learned the hard way but I guess it's not terrible but it's going to stay like this till I decide or make a decision on what aftermarket muffler to put back on in place of the oem deleted muffler! Any suggestions on a muffler guys?

Well, you know 1st hand how it sounds now and can pass that on to another member when the question comes up again. I did similar in the project car and I modified my setup maybe 4 times before I got it where I wanted it.

I'm most likely going to just swap the rear muffler and make a cut out in the bumper for a traditional style tip. I had a long list of things I wanted to do but I'm taking the simple route this time.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
With the factory midpipe still on just the bnr downpipe and no muffler or res catback it wasn't horrible but I park in a parking garage so I was always setting car alarms off lol. I know a few guys do the zzp/bnr downpipe, zzp midpipe (catless) and do a custom exhaust with (I'm not sure what kind) of magnaflow muffler and have no rasp what so ever. My experience with a full catless and no muffler/res was rasp city over 2.5k rpm and cold starts you could hear from a different county.

Edit: Sorry Merc6 didn't see the other question. I would highly recommend maybe doing the catless downpipe, catted midpipe, and a muffler on the catback but if you try to do the catless DP and midpipe it's gonna be pretty loud especially at night if it's during the day then whatever lol.

Reactions: Cruton
1 - 8 of 8 Posts