Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
Hard to say. Keep in mind this is a 2 year old used car. Even though it looks very good in a picture, what is it's history? Was it repaired after an accident? Just traded in after a year in and a half? Do you have CarFax in Canada to find out what the ownership/accident history? As is said: Caveat emptor: Let the buyer beware. Do your research before buying if you really want the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a one owner off lease car, i checked the carproof and it hasn't been in any accident, but its just priced so low and thats what makes me wonder

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I understand depreciation, but that's awfully cheap for a low mileage(km) used car. Edmunds.com appraisal came to basically $12,000 US. Make sure the title is clean. Check that VIN matches in a few places on the car/engine bay/frame. Does Carproof validate no flood damage? Get an independent mechanic to inspect. Could be fine, but proceed with caution. There's a reason it's dirt cheap that the ad/seller obviously won't announce without a little fishing... maybe start by calling and asking why they're selling so far below other comparable Cruzes in the area?

If your gut feeling is telling you something's too good to be true, it probably is. Best of luck, you're doing a great thing for your pop!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
These pictures show steelies and hubcaps. The first question in my mind, is to make the dealer show you the factory alloys or look for wheel damage.

If this is a set of snow tires on steelies then maybe it's more legit, but to remove the alloys for steelies seems questionable. I'd almost think this was an LS but not an LT, but the engine looks like a 1.4L.

I'd look at the two frame rails that run about 10 inches in from the door. Any signs of bending or repainting is a bad deal, and would justify the lower price.

·
10,713 Posts
These pictures show steelies and hubcaps. The first question in my mind, is to make the dealer show you the factory alloys or look for wheel damage.

If this is a set of snow tires on steelies then maybe it's more legit, but to remove the alloys for steelies seems questionable. I'd almost think this was an LS but not an LT, but the engine looks like a 1.4L.

I'd look at the two frame rails that run about 10 inches in from the door. Any signs of bending or repainting is a bad deal, and would justify the lower price.
Not 100% on when but chrome under window and steelies usually pointed to earlier build 1LT

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going tomorrow to take a look at it and take it for a very long test drive and see if i can find anything wrong with it, and if turns out good that would be a deal of the decade.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know about prices up their but I got my 2014 for $16800 59 miles 2 years oil change /tire rotation . If $12000 is rate in US dollars it might be far thats about $4800 for two years cars have about same options . Just my thoughts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i got mine new 1.5 years ago it was 20k plus taxes and that was a good deal at the time because every other dealership i went to was giving me offers like no less than 22k.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Usually too good to be true, is. Take it to a trusted mechanic for a full inspection. Some dealers will perform this as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Reminds me another used car dealer putting ads like this showing one vehicle at a ridiculously low price with an internet price. Did you look at all the prices of other vehicles in his site? Drove 27 miles to see it, it wasn't there, already sold before I got there. Oh sorry, we didn't remove that from the site yet! Ironically that same vehicle was in his site even a month later.

Anything to get you into the door so they can high pressure you to buy something else. Yes I did call first before driving over in less than an hour, was already sold when I got there. Wasn't quite in the mood to be high pressured for tohers vehicles with price tags higher than the suggested dealer retail price.

Another this past summer was advertising new Silverados $10,000 off, but needed a newer Chevy to trade off. So called internet price. Were claiming for to give you another $6,000.00 the trade in price, yeah, but if you did have a trade in was worth $6,000.00 less that its trade in value. On a cash deal, discount was only $1,500.00. Another time to get teed off. Other discounts were from so called GM loyalty, provided you already owned other Silverados you intended to keep.

Don't believe it until you get a deal like this.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Something tells me that there was a major recall in 2012. This car may have been one of those that were recalled. Might want to get the VIN # and check in on that. I agree with ****, take it to your mechanic and have them to a close look at it. A quick look on autotrader and they range around $15k for them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I was looking to buy a used Chevy Cruze. I called the dealer before I went in to see the car. When I reached the dealership he says "oh we just sold it. BTW would you be interested in checking other cars? " . I said since you know that I am coming to see the car should't you have called me and informed me that the car is sold? He didn't have any answer to this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The badge on the car says it's an LT but the steering wheel is from an LS I believe and the wheels for sure are from an LS. If I was you I would skip buying this car. When in doubt then just don't buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
The badge on the car says it's an LT but the steering wheel is from an LS I believe and the wheels for sure are from an LS. If I was you I would skip buying this car. When in doubt then just don't buy it.
Same steering wheel, the only different one is if you have bluetooth or not. The silver trim comes with the 1XF package, which was optional as well.
Those wheels were standard on the 1LT in 2012 (see here), so the info you have above is not correct. It looks like a 1LT to me.

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
The vehicles have different trims and packages in Canada. Please be aware of those differences.

I would not recommend a 2011. That model year had too many problems. I would recommend no older than a 2012 manufactured on or after November 2011.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The only major recall on the 2012s was the engine shield hack. The engine in this car is definitely the 1.4T so it is an LT trim, but the package is a Canadian package so the wheels and other trim items won't match the US LT.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Post the vin or pm me with it.. I will run it through car fax and email you the papers..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i didnt get a chance to go and see the car today because i had work and we had another ice/freezing rain storm which caused alot of accident and traffic was terrible. i called the dealership and the car is available and thanks for the advice WhiteAndBright i will definetly pm you the vin# to find the history of the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts