Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I can't really even imagine what these additives would do or why they would be necessary...
It messes with vehicles that have a quality sensor.
If I had to guess it is coating the sensor and ******* with its measured refraction.

Neither Cruze has the quality sensor but who knows what else it can do. It is in my opinion not worth it, and its benefits on the def injector on not proven by any reputable source that I know of.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Interesting.

I'll agree to disagree, to a point.

A properly working SCR will allow minimum exhaust and provide maximum fuel efficiency. Any one part of the system will effect both.

The systems effectiveness allows diesel engines to be tuned and optimized toward maximum fuel efficiency, while the SCR systems are highly efficient at treating the engine-out exhaust.

The SCR system uses an daptive strategy similar to long-term fuel trim (LTFT) and is used to determine the duty cycle that the DEF injector should be operated at. Since there are numerous variables that can affect the amount of DEF that is injected for a given duty cycle, the table is always being rewritten to maximize NOx conversion efficiency thus maximizing fuel economy.

I agree 100% on the platinum but if they indeed state increased fuel economy then they would be liable if it didn't deliver and I'd be surprised if any certifying agency would put their name on it.

EGR, ugh.
🙃

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.