Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Issue, possible Engine Mount(s)?

9060 15
Well, it seems I have a very weird issue here, it's intermittent & doesn't do it all the time. It all depend's really but haven't found exactly how to duplicate to make it happen every time. But here are my symptoms -

When you come rolling to a stop you can hear a pop/clicking sound & then when you press the gas just right you can hear the same pop/click sound. it's not a metal sound. So me & a buddy checks the engine mounts best to our knowledge we put it in gear & the engine move's a little bit nothing major but you can see play in it & I understand they would be a little play in the mounts - & then putting the car in park & just kinda rock it back & forth in level ground & you can see the engine moving so my question is - Is this normal?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,866 Posts
& then putting the car in park & just kinda rock it back & forth in level ground & you can see the engine moving so my question is - Is this normal?
Yes

in gear & the engine move's a little bit nothing major but you can see play in it & I understand they would be a little play in the mounts
Also normal.

Any way you could get the sound on video, though? It is possible a mount or something somewhere isn't torqued correctly - as I recall your car had some pretty serious work done.

17,866 Posts
Have you looked at the Elantra Sport? It's basically a Cruze SS and a lot more practical. I'm actually going for the Limited with the N/A 2.0. No turbos. Regular 6 speed with no neutral shifting BS, no start stop, nothing.
Ditto on the Sport - looks awesome, and that little 1.6T is good (if a bit noisy when pushed). The new little hatchback GT looks good too, and comes with a less weak 2.0 liter.

The rear axle setup on the Sport completely transforms the car. Actually very nice to drive, and lots of standard equipment.

17,866 Posts
7speed auto ( I know I know ) manual would be more powerful.
That's a DCT, so should put about the same power to the ground.

& a update on the popping/clicking I tried to turn the wheels deep & then gun it slightly to see if could hear the pop nothing & I did both sides. But I do know now that the sound is isolated under the front near the passenger side, @sparkman is your coming from that same end? So I am assuming this rules out a CV joint being bad right?
Bad outer CV joint would make a pop, clunk, something when turning sharply. Come to think of it, after my transmission was replaced, I had a creak/squeak every time I let out the clutch. They re-torqued some bolts and everything was ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.