Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my oil changed again, at 30k miles at the oil change place I work. They brought me under the car, and showed me an oil that had pooled on the metal piece in front of the oil pan. There was no leaks from the pan or the filter, or even the oil pan. It looked like it might be coming from the A/C compressor.
I brought it to the dealer, and told them that I had a leak, didn't know where it was coming from. This is a new dealer for me, as we moved two months ago.
The next day, I call them, and they say "it was leaking from the drain plug, you are good to go, and it's fixed". I told them that this wasn't the case, I checked my oil level before bringing it to them, and it was full. They said "it was low according to the tech". My wife picked it up, and they tried to charge her $70 for the oil change. I told them i would pick up the next day, but I wasn't paying for it and I would call customer care.
They gave the car to my wife and didn't charge her. When I got home, I checked the oil level, and guess what, it's over full. I brought it back to work, and looked underneath, and they wiped the oil where it was pooling, and there was oil wiped off on the pan, which I believe it might have looked like it was leaking from the pan. Also, I have a pic attached showing where I think the leak might be coming from.

What does everyone think? Is it coming from the compressor. Didn't have an issue like this with my Gen 1. I'm absolutely bringing it back because of the overfill.

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first pic is of the oil level now. Of course, that's after wiping it clean. I'm not sure if that's a leak from the compressor or not, anyone have any ideas. I know it's hard to possibly figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, it's a 16 LT, 2nd generation sedan.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
I'm trying and completely failing to get a mental image of the location of the oil filter in relation to the leak pictured. Is it possible that was spraying out at the affected area slightly? The drain plug is for sure way behind that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see any leaks coming from the filter either, that's why I was confused. It looked like it was coming from above that point.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After visiting another dealer, they said they did not see a leak. I got my oil change done yesterday, and before they did it, here is the picture of the leak. I will be bringing it back Tuesday, I am at 35k miles. Want to get this fixed before the B2B runs up Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, after going to a 3rd dealer, they said the A/C compressor is leaking. They also said that I had the open recall for the trunk leak into the battery compartment. I told them that the dealer I bought it from performed that recall a year ago. They said they did not, and they would take care of it for me. What the heck.
Also, I went ahead and paid them $40 to change the cabin air filter, no way I'm taking apart parts of the dash to change the darn thing. If the filter costs $10, $30 is money well spent to make sure the dealer does it to me.
Now, they wanted to do it in my wife's 2015 Equinox, no way $30 in service charge is worth it in that, as all you have to do is open the glove box.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
So, after going to a 3rd dealer, they said the A/C compressor is leaking. They also said that I had the open recall for the trunk leak into the battery compartment. I told them that the dealer I bought it from performed that recall a year ago. They said they did not, and they would take care of it for me. What the heck.
Also, I went ahead and paid them $40 to change the cabin air filter, no way I'm taking apart parts of the dash to change the darn thing. If the filter costs $10, $30 is money well spent to make sure the dealer does it to me.
Now, they wanted to do it in my wife's 2015 Equinox, no way $30 in service charge is worth it in that, as all you have to do is open the glove box.
3rd time’s the charm...looks like you found a new dealer for service issues. Good job!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad they got it fixed! BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE CHEVY DEALERSHIPS? Guess when you get a good one (hopefully the one you purchased from) you stay with them. Haven’t had to visit my guy yet.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This dealer I bought my wife's Equinox from, the dealer I bought my Cruze from is the one that supposedly did the recall that didn't get done

Glad they got it fixed! BUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE CHEVY DEALERSHIPS? Guess when you get a good one (hopefully the one you purchased from) you stay with them. Haven’t had to visit my guy yet.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dealer on the 1st oil change overfilled the crankcase. I had some - what I believe to be - at least two episodes of LSPI, between deciding whether it was a significant overfill and taking it back to them to fix it. Also the car didn't seem to run as well or get as good economy. (Then I learned about the oil issue here, took it back then.) They drained and refilled (w/o replacing the filter) and the car seemed to run better and no more LSPI. I think they put the wrong oil in on the first change. Won't be going back to that dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.