Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue getting my 2013 Chevy Sonic RS repaired at a local dealership (used nearly 1 qt. of oil in 750-900 miles). Car has 59600~ miles on it, I use Amsoil Signature series oil religiously, and haven't used a drop until roughly 3-3.5 weeks ago. Andre helped me out and told me where to check in the intake manifold for the orange check ball/valve.... Mine is missing. The dealership wanted to top off my oil (which is full) and have me come back in 1000 miles. They would not look at the check valve, and claimed that some Chevy Sonics don't have one... WTF? I had my wife's 2014 Eco towed in about 45 days ago due to PCV/Cam cover failure/leak, intake manifold failure (due to check ball being gone) with roughly 35k miles on it. Now I get this. I picked up my car, and now taking to another dealership. I hate this back and forth crap.

Can someone give me the contact info to get this escalated? I am growing tired of having to bring our cars on such a frequent basis... My sonic has had Mylink update fiasco (2 new head units), leaking oil pan, right half shaft failure, 2nd get grind (unresolved--told to live with it, tech cannot reproduce problem 2 times, battery+positive cable paid for these out of pocket... and now intake manifold/old consumption issue (oh and a leaky lower heater hose they wanted $256 to fix when the only thing needed is to loosen the clamp and reseat the hose fully onto the t-stat housing. My wife's 2014 Eco with just over 36k miles has had both headlights replaced, reflash body control module (AC buzz), steering software update (driving straight steering would stick), intake manifold-- cam cover/PVC valve, battery (warranty)....

With all of these "minor" issues I am beginning fear a BIG issue is on the horizon... These will be our last GM products unfortunately.

·
Registered
127 Posts
All manufacturers will require an oil usage test. Your dealer will fill the oil and tape it shut to ensure no tampering. You come back in 1000 miles and they check to see what usage there is.

GM wont do anything based upon you saying the oil is low - they need to have the test done. This is par for the course with this type of claim.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You might want to ask around for a bulletin number. Leave that on a sheet of paper on the front seat when you take it in. If the tech spots it, he'll likely check it out.

If you say "I saw it on the internet ..." you'll just get an eye roll.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Or you can do what I did when faced with a new car that was a POS and a dealer that told me "he'd make me happy when the courts ordered him to". I bit the bullet (no lemon laws) and traded the mess in on another brand. I was able to negotiate the same monthly car payment by starting over on a 60 month loan. I basically lost 18 months worth of car payments, but the replacement car ran for 10 years and over a 100,000 miles with no problems. It was worth it to be free of the four wheel problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts