Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
When i debadged it, it became a Malibu. Most people are aware what a Cruze is from all the stop sales and recalls blasted across the TV, but every now and then you get that person who is clueless. I say Cruze and they think PT Cruiser.

The 1st gen Cruze test mules were labeled next gen Cobalt by a few sites until they started calling them Cruze. If you think that was weird, take a look at this link.

Driving a Chevy Volt Test Mule

·
10,711 Posts
If a rose was called by any other name, wouldn't it smell just as sweet? So much for names, with the Cruze, in the compact class of Chevy names.

Last 50 years, for compact class cars, can be called the Chevelle, Chevair, Celebrity, Cavalier, Cobalt, or the Cruze now.

None of these names specifically point out these are the compact cars. Just names thought up by some overpaid executive, could fire him, pass the savings to the consumers, and just call if a Chevy Compact. Ha, has a nice ring to it.

But when it hits illiterate sales, will probably call it a Chevy Compack, they can't spell. Like the Cruze, should be Cruise.

Ha, getting high paychecks for the inability to spell correctly.
Kinda like instead of calling it a Chevy Tracker again, they just called it a Chevy Trax.

You seem to be forgetting that the Cruze was already on the road long before it became available in USA, so obviously GM USA just used the name it already had elsewhere.
I do remember seeing that little Chevy Aveo looking hatch on Wikipedia for the Cruze and all it's names. The Cruze also replaced a Daewoo. Some companies try and use a different name for a different country. Dodge Neon became the SX 2.0 and the Subaru Legacy became Subaru Liberty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.