Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If a rose was called by any other name, wouldn't it smell just as sweet? So much for names, with the Cruze, in the compact class of Chevy names.

Last 50 years, for compact class cars, can be called the Chevelle, Chevair, Celebrity, Cavalier, Cobalt, or the Cruze now.

None of these names specifically point out these are the compact cars. Just names thought up by some overpaid executive, could fire him, pass the savings to the consumers, and just call if a Chevy Compact. Ha, has a nice ring to it.

But when it hits illiterate sales, will probably call it a Chevy Compack, they can't spell. Like the Cruze, should be Cruise.

Ha, getting high paychecks for the inability to spell correctly.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
You seem to be forgetting that the Cruze was already on the road long before it became available in USA, so obviously GM USA just used the name it already had elsewhere.
Ha, still just a name.

Seen some cool vehicles in Italy, but with no names on it, just some kind of icon, avatar, or symbol. So where is the Chevrolet name on our cars? Also just uses a symbol. Going back to the Egyptian cryptographic day.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My wife makes fun of me for liking my "cavalier" so much...
On the contrary, my wife said we should have kept the Cavalier in particular for winter driving. Didn't have that stupid traction control that kills the engine when trying to drive up a hill. Higher ground clearance and can go places the Cruze can forget about.

But I did show her how to disable the traction control, just one more thing to do before you start driving it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.