Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
My wife makes fun of me for liking my "cavalier" so much...
On the contrary, my wife said we should have kept the Cavalier in particular for winter driving. Didn't have that stupid traction control that kills the engine when trying to drive up a hill. Higher ground clearance and can go places the Cruze can forget about.

But I did show her how to disable the traction control, just one more thing to do before you start driving it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Get some snow tires... I bought a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks for my wife's LTZ last year cause she got stuck in the driveway in just 3 inches of snow with the stock tires. After putting the blizzaks on, she never got stuck once, we had the worst winter ever in this part of Michigan. I drove the thing through roughly 8 inches of snow, deeper then the ground clearance and never got stuck. I have a 4 wheel drive Dodge Dakota with a V8 that I can drive if need be, and I never once felt the need , knowing the Cruze was there with Blizzaks on it. I now have my own Cruze and have my own set of Blizzaks on their way now...

The wife's Cruze with blizzaks, is easily the best handling car I've ever driven. Never even felt the need to disable traction control, other then to try to have some fun. I didn't realize until this year, that you can actually disable stability control too, by holding the button down longer. I do intend to have some real fun this winter. However, I in no way shape or form feel any fear of driving a cruze in the winter with Blizzak tires on it.

On the contrary, my wife said we should have kept the Cavalier in particular for winter driving. Didn't have that stupid traction control that kills the engine when trying to drive up a hill. Higher ground clearance and can go places the Cruze can forget about.

But I did show her how to disable the traction control, just one more thing to do before you start driving it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
had my buddy call mine a prius kept telling him its a volt. because i got an eco car vs my old truck..

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Yuck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Reactions: Starks8
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.