Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being fairly active on the forum I went dormant due to work and family constraints. Well, I looked at the dash today and noticed the odometer was a little longer than before:

The only time I have had to take it in is for new tires, new brakes, and a warranty covered vacuum issue. I have been very happy with the car thus far and hope to keep it in good condition for another 100k

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Congrats! You drive more than I do, and I was putting on the miles like mad the past few years!

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Congratulations. I thought I drove a long ways until I joined CruzeTalk. Some of you guys make my driving distances look like trip around the block.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Congratulations on 100k!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
That's cool man , Now I know this cruzen of mine will get me through the next ten years ... Don't see anything changing .

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Not putting on the miles like I have been doing before. So my latest problem is severe body rust due to excessive amounts of road salt usage. So while the car is in still good mechanical condition, have to get rid of them because they droop in the middle. Can't open the doors anymore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not putting on the miles like I have been doing before. So my latest problem is severe body rust due to excessive amounts of road salt usage. So while the car is in still good mechanical condition, have to get rid of them because they droop in the middle. Can't open the doors anymore.
You already have a rust problem?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Why are you guys congratulating him :(? it's like saying "Congratulations! Your car is closer to have have a failure and it's lease/resell price is going down! Woot!"

It's why I don't take birthdays seriously nor I like to be congratulated in mine, it's pretty much "Happy Birthday! You are closer to your natural death or to contracting a disease related to old age! Not only am I celebrating this, I am also reminding you!" ... wat

But that's just me

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,895 Posts
Why are you guys congratulating him :(? it's like saying "Congratulations! Your car is closer to have have a failure and it's lease/resell price is going down! Woot!"

It's why I don't take birthdays seriously nor I like to be congratulated in mine, it's pretty much "Happy Birthday! You are closer to your natural death or to contracting a disease related to old age! Not only am I celebrating this, I am also reminding you!" ... wat

But that's just me
You're a fun one.

The more trouble free miles he can rack up, the better the fate of the rest of our cars looks as they age. The longevity as a whole is largely unknown for the Cruze.

Of course highway miles such as this are easier on an engine than typical everyday driving, but it's nice to see how everything else stands up to the use that typically does wear mileage-wise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts

But that's just me
WOW. This must be the most depressing post i have ever seen. I wake up everyday and thank god i am alive for one more day and giving me health.

And for every mile i put on my car, it was one hella of a fun mile.

There is a story they tell of two dogs. Both dogs, at separate times, walk into the same room. One dog comes out wagging his tail while the other comes out growling.

A woman watching this goes into the room to see what could possibly make one dog so happy and the other dog so mad. To her surprise she finds a room full of mirrors. The happy dog found a thousand happy dogs looking back at him. The angry dog saw only angry growling dogs looking back at him. Meaning: What you see in the world around you is a reflection of who you are

·
10,712 Posts

But that's just me
That's the thing about life, only thing guaranteed to you is death. You can try to speed it up and succeed or epic fail and be helpless till it does happen. Wake up, live life, then go to bed. Working in a nursing home, that attitude would get me fired faster than hipaa violations. If you don't celebrate birthdays for religious purposes then that's something I won't touch. I use birthdays as a reason to drink, besides that I could care less about gifts.

I thought Cleveland winters was hard on a car. I had brand new cars sit up while I was "playing superhero" and bolts were seized up when I got back. 2005 and below is the model year where they start showing signs of rust. This your Cruze or another member of your collector stable?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.