Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a wisp of smoke off the engine on a cold start. It's coming from the sensor base just downstream of the turbo, and smells like burning motor oil. A cigarette might put out more smoke and it goes away after the engine is fully warmed up. Guess I'll get to see how my local dealer service department will handle it.

Also, there is a noticeable valve tick when the engine is cold. Is that normal for these little 1.4 s?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'm getting a wisp of smoke off the engine on a cold start. It's coming from the sensor base just downstream of the turbo, and smells like burning motor oil. A cigarette might put out more smoke and it goes away after the engine is fully warmed up. Guess I'll get to see how my local dealer service department will handle it.

Also, there is a noticeable valve tick when the engine is cold. Is that normal for these little 1.4 s?

GoldenCruze,
I would suggest that you take your vehicle into the dealership and have them look into this for you. Please keep me updated on the outcome of your appointment with the dealership. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Boost it's been confirmed...
Mick,
I can understand the concern, but I can assure you that I am a legitimate member of the GM Social Media team. The GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over 75 forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them. I am a Customer Service agent. As a member of this team, we are not able to provide technical assistance. Rather we are able to help in terms of customer assistance. This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together. We are able set up cases as well as work with the dealerships in regards to issue. We are also able to look into information by VIN such as recalls, warranty, and build specifications. I am also able to look up bulletin information, while we are limited to what we can provide to the customer in regards to bulletins, I can share that information with the dealership to help get an issue resolved. In some cases, we are able to get in touch with our technical contacts for more assistance, but this is on a more case by case basis with things such as locating a part on the vehicle. As we are not mechanics ourselves, we try to avoid telling someone how to fix their vehicle. If any of you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.