Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no way to close the dash vents on my Cruze and all time my front glass has fog due to humidity, went to dealer and they says this is normal, it is? Anybody with same problem here?
Any suggestion?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I assume the fog is on the outside? Yeah, some degree of that seems to be normal if you're running the A/C in humid weather.

·
2,254 Posts
All the cars I've had does the same thing in humid weather and A/C. ChevyGuy raised a good point, is it inside or outside?

Reactions: iKermit

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
That is ahh kinda normal for the cruzen in cold weather climates ..takes a while for that section of the front windshield to get warm enough for that area to dissipate the moisture that gathers at that area of the windshield

Bugged me too .

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
From that pattern on your windshield, looks like you switched on the wipers. If a warmer moist air is hitting a cooler windshield, it will condense. Try driving in a near freezing blizzard with a very wet snow, windshield wipers cake up with ice, ineffective and the only solution is to stop and try to clean them off.

But our society doesn't seem to care, want you to be at a certain time at a certain place.

Not easy for a little 1.4 L engine with a 16 ampere blower motor to keep up with mother nature. On your conditions, Rain-X seems to help.

Really don't like sharing our roads with open dump trucks, kick up a stone, then you are out paying for a new windshield, chips in your paint, even a hole in your condenser, or your head lamp lens are cracked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes is outside, but my son just bought a Subaru and it didn't happen on his car, and in Florida is always humid and my old 2006 Cobalt doesn't do it either..so it is not normal for me...

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What you can try is raise the temperature a bit and use a higher fan speed. I'd think the fog has more to do with the temperature than the flow rate.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,781 Posts
Yes is outside, but my son just bought a Subaru and it didn't happen on his car, and in Florida is always humid and my old 2006 Cobalt doesn't do it either..so it is not normal for me...
I am in Miami and it happens to me almost everyday. Even my wife's Lexus is does it. So it's not the car. It's just the weather and the cooler air inside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? Then why my other car don't do that? I know because when you have the front vents to send sir direct to you the top vents are closed and this is not happening with the Cruze.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Have absolutely no complaints with the MVAC system in my 2012 2LT, in defrost mode, blower at four, tells me what a Florida hurricane is like. And sure know what that is like, already was down there when they had one.

Also have to have your recir door off to keep your windshield clean, finally a recir door in a Chevy. Can also pulse your wipers once in awhile and apply Rain-X, have two kinds now, one for the inside, other for the outside.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I agree with the OP, this is a design issue and have never had this happen in any other car than the cruze(fog on outside of windshield). Even if you have the HVAC set to vents or floor, cool air still escapes at the defroster point causing the fogging. Only thing I can do to eliminate this is turn the temperature dial toward red about half way, not so fun on anything over a 50F day.

·
Registered
543 Posts
In the past I recall some threads on poor synchronization between the controls and the HVAC blend air door, but if it does it in any position, it seems some air is short circuiting into the defroster system some how.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
Mine does it too if the AC is running and humid at lower temps outside. It's quite annoying. My other cars did not do this. Ever.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
I am in Miami and it happens to me almost everyday. Even my wife's Lexus is does it. So it's not the car. It's just the weather and the cooler air inside.
Ditto in St Pete. Every car I drive does this, especially in the mornings when it's soupy outside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts