Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take great offense to these J.D. Powers Chevy Initial Quality commercials that have run for close to a year where the abridged Product line is hoisted up on platforms and everybody oohs & aahs. However notice you will not see one single Chevy CRUZE included. Then I read what JD thinks about the CRUZE in general. Why they even hate the trouble free 2014 model the most, go figure?

jd.JPG

·
Administrator
25,604 Posts
JD Powers is a self-reported survey. I had also noticed that the Cruze wasn't part of this commercial.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I do know JD Powers is considered an industry leader for what its worth. I found the commercial I referred to although there are a couple versions, this being the exciting one if you don't have a CRUZE I guess?

I notice 'Current Awards based on 2013 Models' so what is this Commercial really trying to tell us aside from dissing the CRUZE

·
2,168 Posts
I love my 2014 Cruze. I've owned it since new and have only had two "issues" with it. The first is the 1-2 grind which I remedied by changing the crappy manual trans fluid to an amsoil synchromesh and slightly altering my aggressive driving style. The second issue was one I created by trying to roll down a frozen window which caused the block that connects the window to the motor to become unattached. It was reattached and now it works fine.

I'm about to crest 37,000 miles in the span of 22 months. I plan to keep racking up the miles until I get bored with the power and finally get something more sporty. (I'm thinking Fiesta ST) I'd get a twin turbo V6 fusion if they offered a manual but they don't :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ha - they were giving the current/last MY Cruze the same kind of ratings when I bought mine in August of '13.

It really turns me off of the whole auto consumer market that a car that was getting glowing revues 3 years ago, that everybody was saying might turn the tables on Japan's dominance of the sedan market with plenty of power and refinement, was by the end of its production run an aging, poorly designed average domestic econobox that's overdue for massive improvements from bumper to bumper. Then the 2nd gen Cruze hits the market and it's all fixed... for another 3 years.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
Hey Eddy . You buying a New Cruzen ? IT has better ratings !

Reactions: mattillakk

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,005 Posts
Sure would like that new 2017 320 HP Ford Fusion Sport V6 w/ twin turbo's but its $40 Grand. Cruise Control adds another $2000 alone. Nice looking Car, didn't seem to do well in front passenger crashes (3 Stars). Never owned a Ford
I want one too. Unfortunately how I wanted it loaded up, it becomes nearly a $40k Fusion :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts