Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Bump...

12k pound Rhino Ramps work nicely with an Eco MT. The angle is just enough to clear the Eco's air dam. There's enough room under the car to change oil, change motor mounts, etc.

For jack points, I've jacked my other GM cars on front subframe mount points with no issues. In the rear, I'm planning on finding a flat area that's not the jack point, and jacking there. I already have a low-profile jack, so getting under the car is not an issue. Our other car is similarly low, and that jack was purchased with that car in mind.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
No worries if you were to bend the pinch-welds. They are not very strong, and once they are bent, you can use them each time you need to jack it up. I've bent many in my day, and had no bad results from it. I have't raised mine yet, but i'll look in my owners man, and see what they say, but if i bend it, i bend it a little. I enjoy turning wrenches everyonce in a while, now that i don't do it for a living anymore :).

And yes, the Rhino ramps should work great, i've never had an issue w/ them, with the exception of a rear-wheel drive vehicle like to push them forward.

I'm not too sure i would try Studlee's method though, feet & legs are a necessity:)
- Dan
I only jack on pinch welds as a last resort since they love to rot out around me. They're also not usually compatible with floor jacks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.