Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my '12 Ice Blue Metallic LS. I made sure to not get an amp'ed stereo! 63k miles.

All I've done so far is install my stereo(*) and Plasti-Dipped the rear chrome strip in Gunmetal. Still craving 1LT wheels!!

I'm considering Plasti-Dipping the entire car. And, If I score 1LT wheels, they'd be Dipped too.

*-Byebye Onstar, door chimes and blinker clicks! Good riddance!

Anyway, the goods.

Kenwood KDC-HD262U

20160314_091923.jpg
I used inline splicers from the Kenwood's harness into the vehicle harness for the speakers and +12V Constant. Then, like many others, I used the cig lighter (+) for the Ignition Turn On. The amp remote is from the head unit, like normal. I keep it simple.

Audiopipe APCL-3002, (2x) Audiopipe TS-VR12, Sealed, Chambered 1.25 cu. ft each, box. 8ga power and ground, 12ga Kicker speaker wire.
20160314_135022.jpg

The gunmetal Plasti-Dip
20160314_134933.jpg

Plans:
-Less restrictive intake
-Throaty exhaust
-1LT wheels
-Matte Plasti-Dip, either dark blue, dark green or black
-6x9's

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
That's Nice !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a few updates. Crunching in things before we hit the track this Friday!

Plasti-Dipped grille, front emblem trim, lower bumper and side filler pieces black. I'm quite pleased with the way the front looks now, subtly aggressive.

20160324_011444.jpg 20160324_011152.jpg
20160324_120352.jpg 20160324_120445.jpg
20160324_120416.jpg 20160324_120405.jpg

The next warm day we get this week, I'll be doing the wheels, rear emblem, rear chrome trim, CRUZE badge(I need to pick up a matching N, btw), and the lower portion of the bumper(see next pic), all in black.

I'd like to get to the door handles, window chrome trim and side mirrors, but, we'll see!

20160314_134933.jpg

Have a good one, everybody!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can u post a pic with the car on I wanna see if the oem stock radio screen drops lays anything
Hey, sorry I didn't get to reply sooner. Mine doesn't show anything, because I left it unplugged. I'm not sure what it displays without the factory radio. Somewhere I read that it shows the wrong date and time, but the temperature works. I have no need for such things, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Looks nice. The 1LT rims will look great. I personally really like the look of the 1LT rims. I would also suggest adding the OEM fogs. It will make the front look even better, and they are nice for driving at night. You could also put a tablet or phone holder in place of the old infotainment screen. I really wish GM wouldn't tie vehicle settings into the stereo. There are only a few minor settings, but you can never change them now.

·
10,712 Posts
Hey, sorry I didn't get to reply sooner. Mine doesn't show anything, because I left it unplugged. I'm not sure what it displays without the factory radio. Somewhere I read that it shows the wrong date and time, but the temperature works. I have no need for such things, lol.
You need the wheel with infotainment controls and interface to do anything to that menu. The menus you have missing are lights and door lock functions. Not sure if you can "Go Stock" set it how you want and then go back aftermarket since power interruptions make it default back to factory.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks nice. The 1LT rims will look great. I personally really like the look of the 1LT rims. I would also suggest adding the OEM fogs. It will make the front look even better, and they are nice for driving at night. You could also put a tablet or phone holder in place of the old infotainment screen. I really wish GM wouldn't tie vehicle settings into the stereo. There are only a few minor settings, but you can never change them now.
Thanks! I'm not too big on fog lights, I like a clean look. I was considering a tablet, now I just put my phone(in it's big rubber case) up there lol. Yeah, I'm not worried about changing settings. As long as it locks and unlocks with the key and my dome comes on, I could care less what lights light up lol. My climate controls still work perfectly too!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You need the wheel with infotainment controls and interface to do anything to that menu. The menus you have missing are lights and door lock functions. Not sure if you can "Go Stock" set it how you want and then go back aftermarket since power interruptions make it default back to factory.
I got lucky and got a clean black steering wheel without any buttons. super clean! I never changed any of the settings when I got the car. I did look through the menus, but mine were very limited, being an LS manual with XM as the only option. Everything lights up at night when I unlock and honks when I double lock with the keyfob.

I lost all warning chimes and OnStar, both of which were an annoyance to me. Every car in my past, I've disconnected the chimes. (Does anybody look at their gauges? lol lots of people complaining about no warning chimes.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had to skip a day, due to rain. Here's the lower portion! Just needs some edging and the rear is nearly complete! Gonna pick up some VHT tomorrow, for the tail lights. I'm really digging the black on blue! Track day tomorrow!

20160331_140557.jpg

Safe travels, all!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Nice job, how hard was the grille and bumper to remove?
Apologies again, I don't see how I missed this post.

The bumper was really easy.
-You'll need: A T20 torx tool; Flat and philips screwdrivers; Needle-nosed pliers; Tiny hook set (Straight, 90*, 45* and curved); and some patience, lol.
GetInline.jpg
-Three torx screws in the front of each wheel well, then, every screw on the bottom holding on the bumper. Mine had a philips screw on the bottom, on each side, as the outer screw on the rubber.
-The flat screwdriver and pliers are for all of the annoying plastic clips.

The only part that is rough is undoing the bumper from the car. The clip system they use is ridiculous. I got lucky and didn't break ANY. 'Cause I'm good like that haha. JK. I broke 1 tiny one, closest to the wheel well.

Kinda how this guy does it, but I used the hooks instead of a screwdriver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yckJz_Gs16Q

Happy Cruzen, everyone!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Upd8s:

Big thanks to buster502 for my LT rims!!! They're being mounted and balanced as I type! I can't wait to dip em!

20160413_222925.jpg

Also, I got my two DROK 12v 0-200v voltmeters for the pocket beneath my head unit. One will be the vehicle's voltage, the other is for the amp's voltage. They light up blue, as I tested them on my battery.

20160411_101406.jpg

Mounted alongside the bass knob: (I didn't do the wiring yet)

20160414_120554.jpg

Have a good day, everyone!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts