Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an automatic 2015 Cruze with 60k. Just noticed about a week ago when I’m coming to a red light or any stop, there is like a force pushing my car and it brakes harder for a second then does it again right before complete stop. Like I’ll be breaking normally and all of a sudden it’s like I step on the brake harder, but I’m not. It does it twice every time and it happens every time I stop. The rpms go up and down during these two jerks. Only between the 0 and 1 tho. I’m taking it in on Thursday but what the frick could be causing this?? It feels like a tranny issue and not the actual breaks. I had new rotors and pads put on only a couple months ago

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have an automatic 2015 Cruze with 60k. Just noticed about a week ago when I’m coming to a red light or any stop, there is like a force pushing my car and it brakes harder for a second then does it again right before complete stop. Like I’ll be breaking normally and all of a sudden it’s like I step on the brake harder, but I’m not. It does it twice every time and it happens every time I stop. The rpms go up and down during these two jerks. Only between the 0 and 1 tho. I’m taking it in on Thursday but what the frick could be causing this?? It feels like a tranny issue and not the actual breaks. I had new rotors and pads put on only a couple months ago
I think you're feeling the transmission downshifting. Not sure that feeling it is indicative of a problem. When you take it in, hopefully they'll tell you it's nothing to worry about.

Doug

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It does sound like a downshift, but I'm not sure why you're feeling it. Are you able to observe your high/center brake light? (I can usually see a bit of glow around it at night.) I'm wondering if your brake pedal sensor is acting up. If your brake lights are not coming on, that's a major clue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts