Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 LS cruze shifts hard. I've taken it to the dealership twice and they seem to not feel or find anything wrong. I've driven with them and pointed it out and they say it's normal. The shift is most hard from 1st to 2nd and little easier into 3rd - mainly happens when the car is cold. No, I'm not getting whip lash but if I had coffee in my hand, I'd spill it! They specifically say it's driving as designed...which leads me to question the design....

Now what I did notice, don't know if it's related, is the shifting isn't so bad if I'm not doing too much stop n go while the engine is cold.

Any thoughts?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
My 2012 LS cruze shifts hard. I've taken it to the dealership twice and they seem to not feel or find anything wrong. I've driven with them and pointed it out and they say it's normal. The shift is most hard from 1st to 2nd and little easier into 3rd - mainly happens when the car is cold. No, I'm not getting whip lash but if I had coffee in my hand, I'd spill it! They specifically say it's driving as designed...which leads me to question the design....

Now what I did notice, don't know if it's related, is the shifting isn't so bad if I'm not doing too much stop n go while the engine is cold.

Any thoughts?

acruze4me
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your transmission. I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts